12. Goodbye...

Third-person pov

Rose and Diana made their way home after helping Anne back to GreenGables and calmed her down.

They were talking about random topics. 

"We should help Anne," Diana said.

"I have a few valuable things that I could give her" Rose looked at Diana.

"Do you think Aunt Elizabeth will let us go to charlotte town with her?" she asked.

"I don't know Rose. Maybe she'll let you go" Diana looked at her cousin.

They exchanged sad smiles and kept walking to their house.

~

The next morning Diana and Rose made their way to Green Gables with bags in hand.

They saw a small sleigh with a certain redhead standing beside it 

"Anne!" Diana called and the redhead turned her head.

Rose and Diana stopped in front of her panting.

"What are you doing here?" Anne smiled.

"We're so glad we caught you" Rose said.

"We brought you something to sell" She opened the bag she was holding and pulled out a beautiful necklace.

"Oh, Rose it's beautiful...Why would you want to sell it?" Anne touched the necklace.

"You need it more than I do" Rose put the necklace inside of the bag and handed it to her.

"And I brought you..." Diana pulled out a beautiful brush.

"O-oh Diana are you sure?" Anne asked unsure if she wanted to take it.

Anne pulled her into a hug. They pulled away when they saw Marilla coming.

Anne quickly put the bags in the sleigh and covered them with a blanket.

"Do you have room from one more?" Rose chuckled.

"Do you wanna come along?" Anne offered.

"Of course!" Rose jumped in excitement.

"Morning Diana. Morning Rose" Marilla greeted.

"Goodmorning Miss Cuthbert," Diana and Rose said at the same time.

"Be sure to be at Miss Barry's before nightfall. Be safe" Marilla told Anne passing her a basket.

"We will. Be sure to tell Matthew not to worry" Anne said as Marilla kissed her temples.

"Everything will be alright. You'll see" Anne gleamed at her adoptive mother.

"Miss Cuthbert? Could I go along with them?" Rose asked giving her 'puppy eyes'.

"Will your aunt be alright with that?" Marilla asked placing her hands on her hips.

Rose nodded quickly.

"Then I guess it's alright" Rose smiled brightly and thanked her.

Diana brought both girls in a hug before they had to leave.

Rose and Anne hopped into the sleigh as Jerry drove it.

Diana waved them on until they couldn't be seen anymore.

~

Rose's pov

We were sitting in the sleigh in complete silence until Jerry spoke up.

"It's not so bad to ask for help sometimes you know?" Jerry said.

"If I needed help I would say so," Anne said rolling her eyes in annoyance.