13. "A skirt isn't an invitation!"

Third-person pov

Anne, Diana, Ruby, and Rose walked through the forest to the schoolhouse.

Rose stayed behind them with the letter Gilbert gave her in her hand.

She held onto it tightly with her basket in her other hand. 

The schoolhouse slowly came to view as they walked closer.

She signed walking to the river.

"Rose give me your bottle. I'll put it in for you" Diana said with a smile.

She abided handing it to her.

Rose headed into the coatroom as the others went to the river.

She took off her coat and hat.

The coldness hit her through the fabric of her sleeves.

After she set her books down Rose sat down in her seat.

The letter was placed on the desk on top of her books.

Diana and Anne took a seat in front of her. Anne looked disturbed. She looked straight ahead not minding looking anywhere else.

"Quiet, all of you" Mr. Phillips scolded.

"Settle down, ev... eryone"

Rose took out her book causing the letter to fall. But it didn't go unnoticed. Anne picked it up and put it in between her books.

"I think Diana made a very convincing prince," Anne said turning around. They all turn towards her except Rose.

"Me, too" Tillie laughed.

"I was going for daring, dashing, and a little bit wicked" Diana spoke making everyone laugh.

"Well, who needs real boys when we have Prince Wisteria?" The girls laugh as Josie walked up to them.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Anne invited us over for an afternoon of parlor games," Tillie said. Now Rose was listening.

"All of you?" They nodded.

"Parlor games? Without boys? Fine for you" 

"I'm far too mature for such childish amusements" She sneered.

She always had to be so mature. It's starting to get annoying.

~~~

Rose's pov

"Whomever the bottle points to. You are permitted to kiss" Josie said standing in the middle of the circle.

I sat next to Anne dreading what was bound to happen in this parlor game.

"It needs to be boy-girl. Boy-girl" She said.

"Where does that leave Cole?" I heard Billy's voice say. I could already see the wicked smirk on his face without looking,

Everyone laughed.

"Jane go sit next to your dumb brother" Jane obliged standing up and walking over to him.

"Tillie you're over there. And Anne switch places with Charlie"

"Who would like to spin first?" She said with a smile.

"Diana" Charlie spoke making the smile on Diana's face disappear.

"Uh-" She reached over to the bottle giving it a flimsy spin.

It came to a stop. I look up and saw a star-struck Moody sitting in his spot.

"Moody" Josie called.