3.A discovery

Third-person's pov

Rose slept comfortably on her soft bed. The sunlight poking through her curtains.

She slowly stirred awake.

She rubbed her eyes and slowly got up to get ready for the day.

~

She combed her hair with a brush her mother gave her and pulled it up to a loose ponytail.

She wore a lavender dress and a matching ribbon for her hair.

After she fixed herself up she walked down the stairs for her breakfast with the family.

She hadn't heard from her parents in a long time. She was worried at first but soon forgot about it.

She had been staying with the Barry's for such a long time she felt like she was home.

She hadn't felt that similar feeling in a long time.

She felt like she belonged here.

She felt like she belonged in Avonlea.

Her thoughts were brought to an end when she reached the bottom of the staircase.

She walked to the dining room to see that she was the only one there.

No one was awake yet. It must've been early and when she woke up she hadn't checked the time.

She made some sandwiches and neatly packed them in a basket. 

She sat in the living room with a piece of paper and pen writing a letter then left it at the dining room table. 

She took the basket and hurried out the door.

~

Nate was sitting near a big pile of dirt. 

He heard a horse coming so he quickly got up and started throwing things making loud noises.

The horse he had heard was William Barry's horse. He had come around to do a patrol of the town.

"I say, do you need some assistance?" William said entering the area.

Nate jumped.

" Sorry, I... It's Mr Barry, right?" Nate asked.

"Right indeed. And you are...?" William asked the stranger getting off his horse.

"Nathaniel. Nate. I've been boarding at Green Gables"

"Yes, the... geologist?" William asked again.

"Unfortunately, yes" He answered looking at the ground.

"So, what seems to be the trouble?" He asked looking at Nate seeing a troubled look on his face.

"I-I... I really shouldn't say. It's... just so frustrating is all" Nate ran his hand through his hair.

"Maybe you've heard, I... I work for a big chemical company. And they hired me to extract iron oxide from the soil"

"Ah. So that's what this is all about, eh? Looks like you're headed to China" said William.

"Well, feels like it sometimes. This is un-owned land, correct?" asked Nate.

"Yes, that's right. I own 100 acres going across the other.." William answered.

"And they're gonna take it! Not yours. This-this here, the... I'm sorry. I don't mean to keep... popping my cork"

"No-no, not to worry," William said trying not to worry Nate.