6. School..

Third-person pov

The trees loomed over the girls as they made their way through the large forest.

The warm spring airbrushed their faces as they walked, arms inlocked with each other.

Anne had a look on her face that said something wasn't right.

She had an encounter with Nate this morning before Diana and Rose came to green gables so they could walk to school together.

Anne protested against the through to tell them but she decided it was best if they knew.

"Why didn't you tell Nate the truth?" Diana asked worried about her friend.

Rose looked at Anne, her eyebrows knitted together trying to figure out what Anne encountered this morning.

"I thought seeing the gold in the soil would be obvious. He thinks I'm a child. 'Pipsqueak'" She said her voice laced with anger. She wanted to be known by him as an equal. Not a child.

"You can't possibly expect to be his equal, Anne. He's an adult and a scientist" Rose told looking over at her dear friend.

Her eyes filled with concern. Anne had talked about Nate a few times in their conversations. 

He would randomly pop up here and there.

Whenever Rose visited Green Gables she would always get an uneasy feeling from him.

His stare would leave chills down her spine.

Jerry also seemed quite terrified of the man. The young boy looked petrified.

"Uh, but that's just book learning, though. And you've already proven you're good at that. But you have something else-" Diana tried pointing out.

"Remember when Minnie May was sick and you put onions on the soles of her feet to bring her fever down?" She continued.

"That was an old wives' tale" They slowly drew closer to the white building.

"It takes imagination to believe in such a thing. Your imagination is a gift, Anne, something that can't be learned" Diana desperately tried to cheer her up making Rose smile.

"What good is an imagination if I can't see what's right in front of my eyes?! This branch looks like a skeleton hand. An evil skeleton... that lives in the haunted forest... feeds on the lives of the innocent!" Anne yelled with a silly grin on her pale face as she laughed loudly.

"Anne, that's horrible!" Diana said returning the laugh turning to look at Rose.

Rose clutched onto her stomach dying of laughter.

"Why are they clutching at us now? Do they mean to do us harm? Ghosts on the wind bearing a warning: Beware!" Anne yelled walking closer to them.

"They're coming for us! We must escape!" Rose ran holding her dress to make it easier to run but the smile never left her face.

Anne and Diana quickly ran after her as they approached the schoolhouse.

~

Rose stopped in front of the schoolhouse breathing rapidly with her hands on her knees.

Anne and Diana stopped behind her as they laughed at themselves.

Rose lifted her head only to see a pale boy with a shabby brown hat on his brown hair.

He had a small figure and he had long thin arms and legs.

He sat on a log a notebook on his lap as he sketched away.

"Is that Cole?" Rose asked looking back at the two friends.

"He looks different," Anne said as her eyes scanned "the boy.

"He looks positively mature. Not at all like he did before harvest" Diana commented.

She grabbed them by the hands and brought them inside.

~

They hung their coats and set their baskets down right under.

Rose made her way to her usual seat. Right in the front.

She set her books and slate down.

She neatly unravelled the belt that held them together and set them on the desk.

After doing that she felt someone slide in the seat beside her.

She lifted her head and met the eyes of the one and only Billy Andrews.

She felt his hand slip around her waist pulling her closer to him.

"What do you want Billy?" She said gritting her teeth looking at him with pleading eyes not to put her through this again.

"You don't have anyone to save you now Rose," He said with a twisted grin on his stupid face.

She looked up at him with her face almost as red as a tomato.

She had to do something to stop this. She knew no one could stop this.

Then she felt him pull her away to somewhere unknown leaving unnoticed.

She struggled to get free but to no avail.

"Let me go!" She said forcefully as she freed herself from his grip.

"Woah! Looks like someones got some nerve today!" He laughed wickedly.

As he was about to grab her again he felt a sting sensation on his left cheek.

He held it as he looked at her in shock. She slapped him.

Rose retracted her hand from the air. She looked shocked at what she just did.

Then they heard footsteps coming their way.

Diana and Anne stood there. Shocked with a mixture of happiness?

Anne smiled while Diana's mouth hung astonished.

"We have to get going we're going to be late!" She told her friend tugging at her hand.

Then she looked at Billy with a look of disgust on her face.

"Goodbye Andrews," She said emotionlessly.

She dragged both of her friends back to the room as the bell rang just as they took their seats.

It was an ordinary day for the three except for what just happened but they couldn't imagine what was going to happen.

Not even in their wildest dreams.

~

Word count : {964}

Hello my little roses! Sorry for not posting last week. I was not feeling well. I hope you like todays chapter. Stay safe my lovelies

Xoxo

-Rose