Thundering Bull in the China Shop

Hera couldn't believe her luck. Just when she thought she had finally escaped the incessant drama of Mount Olympus, Zeus, the king of the gods himself, came crashing back into her life like an unwanted thunderstorm. And here she was, stuck in the middle of a quaint little village, engaged to the future chief, all because she had to go and save some hapless pre-teen from himself.

As she watched Zeus striding purposefully through the village square, Hera couldn't help but roll her eyes.
Typical.
Of all the places in the mortal realm, he just had to find her here. She could almost hear his booming voice echoing in her mind, "Hera, my dear wife, where do you think you're running off to?"

Eros, ever the mischievous cupid, floated beside her, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Well, well, well, look who decided to drop by uninvited. Your loving husband, Hera."

Hera scoffed. "Loving husband, my foot. If he loved me half as much as he loved his extramarital escapades, maybe I wouldn't be in this mess."

The villagers bustled around them, unaware of the imposing figure of Zeus as if they could not see him, or her, or anything and anyone. Hera sighed, resigned to her fate. "I suppose there's no avoiding this confrontation, is there?"

Eros grinned, his wings fluttering with excitement. "Oh, I wouldn't miss this for the world. Let's see how the king of the gods handles being outwitted by his own wife."

With a resigned shrug, Hera squared her shoulders and stepped forward to meet Zeus. "To what do I owe the displeasure of your company, dear husband?"

Zeus flashed his trademark smirk, all charm and arrogance. "Oh, you know, just thought I'd drop by and see how my lovely wife is doing. And imagine my surprise when I hear you've been gallivanting around these mortal realms, causing quite the stir."

Hera raised an eyebrow. "Gallivanting? Oh, please. I was merely trying to escape the suffocating monotony of Mount Olympus. Surely even you can understand the need for a little adventure now and then."

Zeus chuckled, though there was a hint of frustration in his voice. "Adventure, you say? Well, I hope you're prepared to face the consequences of your little escapade, my dear Hera."

Before Hera could retort, her grandmother approached, a look of concern on her weathered face. "Is everything alright, Juno? Who is this... imposing figure?"

Hera plastered on her most charming smile, squeezing the grandmother's arm affectionately. "Oh, just a distant relative paying a surprise visit. Nothing to worry about, I assure you."

Zeus arched an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed by Hera's attempt at deflection. "Distant relative, huh? Well, I suppose that makes me the black sheep of the family."

Hera shot him a pointed look. "More like the thundering bull in the china shop."

As Zeus opened his mouth to retort, Eros discreetly nudged Hera with his elbow. "I think it's time we make our exit, my lady. Let the gods sort out their mess on their own for once."

With a smirk, Hera nodded in agreement. "Agreed. Let's leave Zeus to his divine drama and get back to our own mortal mischief."

And with that, Hera and Eros disappeared into the bustling streets of the village, leaving Zeus to ponder the consequences of underestimating the wit and resilience of his wayward wife.

-------------------------------

Sorry, this lazy vampire is finally out of the coffin. I'm planning to update every Friday at 11:59 p.m. going forward. Hope I stick to this schedule. 

Vote and comment.....= ' . ' =