Saviour

What happened after the fall was kind of a blur. Regina was confused.

After a fall like that, she should have been dead, cracked her head, or at least broken her arm. But no, she was fine. She was more than fine. She was on horseback on the way to her village.

Maybe she was dead.

The horse was steering itself towards the destinations as if reading her mind. The pace was neither too fast nor too slow, careful that the riders do not fall.

Riders!

Up until now, Regina was too hazy to notice there was someone else on the horseback with her. The original rider. the hood of the rider's jacket was up but from the clothes, she could recognize that it was a boy.

 A surprised gasp left her mouth when she removes the hood. There was a stream of blood rushing from the rider's nose and mouth. A  new lump was forming on his forehead and there were a few bruises scattered around his face and neck as far as she can see.

He was just a few years older than her and a new face. A few curls were plastered flat on his sweaty forehead.  His skin looks pale from the loss of blood, his thick brow capillaries were drawn together in pain and his lips were turning blue. 

Regina was not sure what to feel about an almost-dead stranger with her on horseback. But at this moment, she was not sure what to think or do. The foggy feeling was returning to her.

She could not be more thankful when she heard the voices.

"Look there they are!"

"Is he alright"

"The chief will kill us all"

"Is that Regina"

"What happened to them"

"Regina! Quickly take them to the healer"

Regina could faintly recognize her father's voice. She was home but she cannot hold her head anymore. she let the fainting spell swallow her not before she heard someone say,

"She saved him."

----

It was almost the next morning when June regained her consciousness. The curtains of the room and the color of the wall were almost similar to her own rather than off the healer's cottage. The faint smell of burning sage and her mother's magical stew confirmed her thought that she was this was her room rather than somewhere else. Her sister one of the triplets who was sleeping beside her, was hogging all the blankets and snoring peacefully.
June chuckled at her sister and try to get up from the bed before her mother came.

The incident of last afternoon came rushing back to her.
The fall, the rider, the people looking for them, and the hushed murmur. She now knew that the rider was no one else but their Village Chief's grandson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunno what I wrote. And once again sorry for being late.