♥︎ Davey x Reader ∥ Run Away With Me

• 688 words • female reader • inspired by the song on top •

♡︎♡︎♡︎

I haven't seen my boyfriend in weeks. I come from a wealthy family, and my parents hated the fact that I was dating a boy who had nothing. Ever since they found out we were dating, they never let me leave the house, even though I'm eighteen and can make my own decisions.

   My boyfriend, Davey Jacobs, is nineteen. He works as a shoemaker to support his way through college.

   It's late one night when I hear something clank against my window. I put down my book and walk over to it. I look outside. It's pitch-black out there.

Clank

   A pebble hits my window. I look in the direction it came from. Off to the side, I can see something moving in the bushes. I open my window to get a better look. "Is someone there?" I call out.

   "Shh!" I hear someone call back. Emerging from the bushes, is Davey.

   "Davey!" I whisper-yell at him, smiling. "What are you doing here?"

   "I couldn't bare to be away from you any longer," he replies.

   "That's so sweet, but if my parents catch you here they'll-"

   He cuts me off. "I know. I know. It'll be bad. That's why we're not gonna talk here. Make sure your door is locked and we'll go the the park."

   I nod. I go and make sure my door is locked so my parents don't walk in. I go back and Davey helps me get out of the window. Luckily, my bedroom is on the first floor.

   When my feet touch the grass I immediately pull Davey into a kiss. It felt so good after all those weeks apart.

   We walk to the park, hand in hand. It's pretty late, so there were very few people outside. There's no one in the park.

   We sit on a bench near a lake. The lamppost next to us flickers on and off from time to time.

   Davey takes a deep breath in. "(Y/n), I need to ask you something."

   "What is it?" I ask.

   He takes in another breath, then nervously scratches the back of his neck. "This is kind hard to say... So, if I start to look like I'm sweating... that's because I am." I laugh and he chuckles anxiously. "I-I'm not really good with words."

   "Well that's nothing new," I point out.

   "Still, I have to try to explain what I wanna do with you."

   "Go on..." I say.

   "Run away with me." I'm taken aback by this.

   "What?" I ask, shocked.

   "J-just hear me out. We can catch a train out of here. And we could go somewhere where we can be together, no problem."

   "B... but where would we even go?"

   Davey shrugs. "Texas in the summer seems cool. Or maybe Alabama. Or Mississippi or California. Wherever you want. We'll be on the road like Jack. No looking back. So if you're ready, let's go."

   "Davey... I don't know... I mean... this is really fast," I say.

   "I know," he replies, "but I'm in love with you. And I don't wanna be away from you anymore. I know it's crazy, but I'm crazier for you." He squeezes my hand. "Again, only if you're ready."

   I didn't say anything. Of course I want to be with Davey. But run away?

   Davey notices my hesitation. "Look, I'm not trying to make you a wife here. I'm not trying to tie you down to me. I'm just saying that there might be a life out there for us. We go up north and build a small house by the Hudson Bay. I know I don't have much, but once I finish this year of college, we could be on the road, singing country songs. We'll be just like Romeo and Juliet."

   "You really wanna do this?" I ask.

   Davey nods. "Just say the word and I'm already there."

   I thought about it for a minute. I know it's going to be hard to leave the city where I grew up, but I love Davey. I don't want to be separated any longer. "Okay," I eventually say. "I'll run away with you."

♡︎♡︎♡︎

A/n - Damn this is really cute. Should I make a part 2 or nah?