Secrets and Lies

ATTENTION!! MY WORKS ARE ONLY POSTED ON WATTPAD AND POPINK; SO IF YOU ARE READING THIS STORY FROM OTHER DEVICES OR SITES OTHER THAN THE ABOVE, THEN MY WORKS HAVE BEEN PIRATED AND COPIED.

"What the hell? Do you know how much that drink costs?" I stood there staring, looking at the business like figure standing in front of me yabbing  about something, I didn't know exactly what though, all I knew was that the sun was shining, the birds were singing and the streets were crowded. Maybe he didn't like the fact that the birds were singing or the fact that the sun was shining it seemed like a pretty good day to me, well maybe. I know I am as confused as you, so let's go back a few five minutes earlier.

I stood in front of the school's reception desk, well the school thought it better for students to receive their results in paper form than through email. So it made the situation I was currently facing abit, um what's the word, unpleasant. Well like I said, I stood gaping at the paper jeez, my mouth literally hit the floor, other students stood around me shouting excitedly, well I couldn't blame them at all, in fact I was happy for them, unlike me that was still gapping.

It was a rejection letter, I didn't get in, damn, after months of hard work, reading, killing myself with reading and more reading I still didn't get in, this was the second time in a row. I didn't get in last year and still the same as this year. Well I kind of found comfort because I couldn't exactly say getting into medical university was easy, it was as hard as well as hard as something. I couldn't really find the words to compare with it now.

I know of people that had to attempt the entrance exams like three blessed times before getting in. So yeah, I believe in my still gapping mood and mouth literally hitting the floor mood I walked out of the building still looking at the rejection letter. The feeling was really awful, will I give up after this or not ? Nah, the answer came immediately without me pounding any further, it is just a minor setback and I have to work harder for next time. More reading and more effort.

I could always go to college, but again I wanted to get a medical degree in Pediatrics. It had always been my dream since forever, so well college wasn't an option for me, we all have our choices, some choose college, others university and others college then university.

And so I stood there, still gapping, coming to terms with what I was holding, till it happened.

"Are you even listening to me" oh yes back to reality, I was staring at him and still couldn't fathom a reason as to why he was yelling and yabbing till I looked down, oh his drink, he spilled his drink and on my new fresh rejection letter for that matter. So I had two options here, be polite and tell  him I am sorry and offer to pay for his drink or yell at him for spilling his drink on my rejection paper.

Alright I agree I was a little angry, it wasn't easy working hard for so long and being rejected.

Or maybe he had a rejection paper with him and he was venting out his range on poor little me. So what did I do? Well none of the above.

I pulled out some loose change I didn't even look at how much I had and placed it into the man's open palm. I bent down, picked my soaking rejection paper and marched off.

Well at least it shut the yabbing, blabbing man up and I was thankful for the quiet environment.

That was until I reached the bus stop and searched for loose change "oh shit". I wonder if I went back to the blabbing man, would he be so kind as to give me back at least a little of my change.

Nah I didn't think so.

______________________________________
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the story ?

It's my first time writing ;)

Please do comment and vote. 
I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

All the best.
Jacum Lisa Sylvia.