Chapter Fifteen

"Wake up feeling so strong, okay" for  me but I didn't say that out loud "we have to find out who wants to hurt you."

****
Something shoved me to the floor. I groaned in pain my neck, my back, and even my shoulders hurt. I still had sleep in my eyes and the person in front of me look like a blurry figure. Hands grabbed me and pushed me to the wall with all the force in the world. I had a crash it was a lamp, another groan came from me and I felt a sharp pain run through my toes to my head. And my head was pounding my toes, my feet weren't even touching the ground I looked up into the hazel eyes that held me captive.

"What am I doing here Amber? What did you do to me? He shook me "  Damn you speak woman answer me." 

What was he doing here I couldn't think my body was laced with pain firstly from the reckless and mad driving and secondly from the way I slept last night. I slept in a sitting position with my head resting on the bed

I opened my mouth to speak but a groan came out, the way he looked at me was scary. He looked like if I made one wrong move he would kill me. I felt scared and I couldn't help the tear that ran down my face. "Please put me down"

Was all I managed to say and so he did but not gently. I fell and cut my hand on one of the broken pieces that was once my bed lamp. My head was fuzzy and I didn't have any sense of direction yet all I knew was I had to keep my head down it reduced the pain.

"Someone attacked you last night,  whoever it was wanted you dead, or it seems or didn't want you going to the meeting you planned to go"

"Shit" the whole wall quacked. Yup, he would be feeling the third law of motion in his arms soon.

"You were injured so I had to take the wheel from you. I didn't know where you stayed and I didn't think you would have liked waking up in a hospital, so I brought you here, home. You didn't look well, and so I treated your head wound and laundered your upper clothes they were stained" he started pacing the little room.

"Did the person say anything? Did he do anything?" By then I was in a sitting position with my head resting against the wall.

"No he didn't, he shot us though, your car is in a very bad condition but at least you're fine" I'm fine to thanks  for asking. He looked at me, I he was looking at me not because I looked at him but because I felt him Looking at me.

"Where are my clothes? I need to get home now" I pointed to the bathroom he grabbed his keys, his phone, and his clothes I watched him silently. He opened his mouth to say something maybe a thank you but then he closed it and walked out.

Forty five minutes later i received  a text from him saying "I expect you at work in four hour's time. Try to  rest you need it" with the way he had reacted, I didn't think I would be able to rest. Whenever  I closed my eyes, I would see him with that look, that look of murder. So I spent most of my morning taking a warm bath messaging myself.

Even with that I couldn't help but think of his sexy body and who Isabelle  was

I arrived at work as he had suggested four hours after he had left. The whole building was quiet, deadly quiet. No one spoke or made any motion to suggest that life existed and it got me worried. I still had pains all over my body but I had to work. Though I asked myself how was I ever going to face him? What would I say to him? Would he talk to me?

I stopped by the secretary's desk in the lobby and picked up some papers a letters and walked to my office. I stopped dead in my tracks a woman stood before me breathing hard eyes red.

"I cannot take it anymore. That girl is miserable. The dumbest child I have ever seen. She cannot do anything and she will never be healed of the disease affecting her. Yell him I quit, no matter how much he pays, I bloody quit." And she stormed out. Once she left the lobby the buzz of noises begun.

Cautiously, I opened the door I expected an argument, things flying my way, but all I heard was the muffled sound of a child crying. I pushed the door all the way through, and there at the furthest end of the room start a young girl, eyes red crying.

I stood there motionless for a few minutes. She had strange things on her clothes and they smelt horrible. She had brown hair and hazel eyes. She held onto a small school bag a Dora the Explorer backpack. I dropped all I had on my desk and approached her she looked at me with fear like as if I was going to hurt her. "Shh" I said as I stretched out my arms out to her she still held onto her bag and pushed herself further into the corner but she came up against the wall.

______________________________________