Chapter Forty Five

What would she do now? Would she have a stroke? "She is not well, she never has been ever since she started taking drugs, she has showcased different types of strange behaviours and most of all,"  he looked down at me, he placed gentle fingers on my cheeks, "she is dangerous and armed be careful Amber please I need you." and with that he left me standing alone, he had moved after an uncertain Vanessa.

I turned just in time to doge a punch, great he had left two men to me. I widened my legs and tried to get a better balance of my weight and a better standing position. One man grinned the other laughed, they weren't the ones Jay had been with. Jay where was he? My brain shouted left and I moved to the left the ran had given me a renewed amount of energy. I kicked the man that had dared to hurt me in the balls, he fell to the ground holding his wonderfully hurting area.

It was now a grinning man and me and he had the guts to look at my body I could practically hear his thoughts, I bent down and picked up a lodge of wood, it had some worms and wet rot on it but I didn't mind, I swung the wet wood and he dogged it but it also sent some worms flying to his face, he took a moment to clear this face and I took a moment to rest. I needed to get paid for this extra work.

The man I had kicked in the balls pulled onto one of my legs, I slid and it was into a one eighty spilt I heard a tear, I hoped that was my clothe and not my skin, he tried to climb on me, I have to give him credit he really tried but then my leg on its own accor sent my feet flying to meet his balls for the second time. He fell to the floor groaning,  no not the sounds and noises type of groan but someone in pain type of groan.

I was up on my feet in an instant, I didn't wait I didn't think, I sent the wood flying to the other man's head, one it hit him and he fell but two with the speed plus weight plus force plus collision of the wood (physics here) to his head it led to a bloodied sight. Oh no I didn't kill him, but he wouldn't be able to talk soon, you see during the process his teeth bit onto his tongue and oh well, the rest is history.

I ran to the other side, Lennon was fighting with Vanessa trying to get the rusted knife from her grip and Isabelle was by the floor trying to remove the bonds that held her hands together. I untied her and pulled her into my hands, Lennon was with us within a few seconds. I looked around for Vanessa but she was no where in sight, I had a very bad feeling about this.

"Get Isabelle out of here I have to look for her, she almost had my eye out with the knife." I nodded and wordlessly begun dragging Isabelle away. It was pitch black, the lights were put off, I stood still, the hairs on my neck on edge that was when I heard it, I pushed Lennon to the side and fell on my back with Isabelle on top of me, just where we had just stood a car drove through. I groaned I had landed on somethings sharp, like stones. I pushed myself up, the car came straight for Isabelle and I again.

I couldn't take the risk I threw her to the side opposite from me, it was a calculated risk but she landed on a pile of leaves and I feel to my side, thankfully not on stones this time. I got to my feet, the world shaking, I was in time to see Lennon darg a raging woman out of the car. She didn't have the knife with her anymore. I rushed over to Isabelle and pulled her out from the pile of leaves and we watched as man and deranged woman fought for control over each other.

Vanessas shaking increased by ten fold, I didn't think that was normal. Finally Lennon had manged to get her to the ground, she was lying flat on her stomach not moving. We all stood in silence waiting for anything, a single move, any motion, even for a rat to ran through but nothing happened. Lennon didn't give her a second chance he walked over to us, that was the second biggest mistake he had ever made in his life.

In that moment she raised her head and her hand had firstly pointed a gun at him, then turned her direction towards Isabelle and fired. The world was still, nothing moved every thing was still except for the flying pullet, I felt the splash of water hit me from behind and someone shouted something.

We had fallen into the ditch, Lennon was looking for a way down but it was all steep rocks and that was a very big risk, I saw a pool of red form around me I didn't think, I couldn't think. My attention, my mind was on her, I searched the water for her, a small figure in pink, my vision was getting blurry I was losing blood but I didn't care she was my main priority.

I saw her not far from me, she held onto a tree branch to stop herself from flowing away with the fast current of dirty muddy water.

_______________________________________