It's over

It had been a week since Dream had come to Techno’s house, the plan was still being talked about, but was now unlikely to happen until they found James. The three were talking whenever there was a knock on the door. Techno looked at Dream, who was very confused and already holding his weapon.

“I’ll answer it.” Philza said, going to the door. Dream followed, ready to protect him.

“Hello?”

“Hello, are Technoblade and Dream here?” James asked, his expression blank.

“Yes, who are you?”

“They’ll know me, I don’t give my name out.” James said stoically.

“Come in.” Phil said, opening the door to reveal two very shocked but happy Dream and Techno.

“No way…” Techno said, his voice low. “Dream are you seeing what I’m seeing?”

“I sure hope so…” Dream said, walking forward slowly.

“I haven’t seen Techno this shocked since he asked about my personal life.” James said, which proved to the two that he was the real person.

“It really is you..” Dream said, tears finally falling from the blondes eyes, the tears being hidden by his mask.

“Come here you big baby.” James said, opening his arms, which Dream gladly walked too, hugging the man.

“It’s great to have you back, James.”

“It’s good to be back. Now, what’s this I heard about you wanting to blow up the place with a wall?”

“Ah, so you were sent here, got it. Listen, we’re talking about it now.”

“Both of you shut up.” Dream said, the two looking at the man, “We just got James back, we’re not losing him again. If that means that Tubbo doesn’t get to have his festival, then we lose James. I’m sorry, but I still can’t let you do it, Techno.”

James and Techno were shocked at the man, they had never heard him so angry since Butler’s death, even if Dream was angry last night.

“I don’t want a government, Dream.”

“And I don’t want to lose my best friends and brother.” Dream said, “Who would be losing more.”

“You.” Technoblade sighed. “Fine, we’ll do it after everyone left L’Manburg for another celebration.”

Dream nodded, it was good enough for him. 

“[....] Dream, I haven’t seen you so serious since, well..” James said.

“I know. I don’t like being serious, but I have a server to run, I can’t let Butler down.”

“Can someone explain what the [....] is going on here?” Phil said, very confused on what just happened. 

“Philza, this is James, James this is Philza.” Dream said, introducing the two.

“You mean the one who practically raised you yet has no clue on what happened 4 years ago?” James asked.

“That’d be the one,” Dream said, moving the mask off of his face, showing his scars.

“What happened four years ago?”

“A lot. And none of it’s good.” Dream said. James looked at Dream, then at the mask.
“Why is there a mask on your head?”
“Because it’s not on my face.”

“Okay smart [...], tell me the real reason.”

“I hide my face. Only about 15 people have seen my face.”