thirteen • we are never ever getting back together

Flashback
"Eric, where are you taking me?" Anthony asked as his boyfriend was driving.

"You'll see." Eric said with a huge smirk on his face.

"Ugh, this better be good. You know I hate surprises." he said to him. Eric started to giggle.

"I know you hate surprises, babe. You need to trust me on this one, I'll think you like it."

Today was their only day off, and Eric wanted to take him on a surprise date. He's been wanting to do this since they were going to be leaving for tour in a couple of days. They were going to be busy for the next two to three months, so this was the only time that they were able to spend some time together. And also, he loves doing these types of things for Anthony.

As they both get out of his car, Anthony's immediately captivated by the aura and essence of the large gazebo. There were lights hanging around the sides, a table that set up with dinnerware lit up with candles, white and pink rose petals that laid on the grass, led to where they were sitting. It was unexpected, but perfect. He was shocked and in awe of everything.

"So, what do you think?" Eric asked him.

"I still can't believe you did this. It's beautiful." Anthony said as he turned to his boyfriend.

Eric looked at him lovingly, "I knew you would say that."

Anthony blushes at the compliment. "How on earth did I get so lucky?" he said, as he takes in the beauty that's surrounding him, including the goofball whom he called his boyfriend. Eric noticed that he was staring at him, and he smiled.

Eric stepped a little closer to the younger boy, as he grabs his waist to kiss him fiercely.

****
"Guys, I can't just-"

"I know you told us that you weren't expecting us to find a solution," Thomas said.

"And we know that, we already agreed that we weren't going to intervene, but," Joey said.

"We ran out of options. You need to talk to Eric." Colton said.

"Anthony's parents are getting divorced. His dad called him while we were away on tour."

"Wait, hold on. When'd you find about this?"

"A couple of days ago." Thomas continues.

"Why didn't he say anything?"

"We asked the same question." Colton said.

"Does Eric know?"

Joey sighed, "I mean... no not really."

"Have you tried to convince Anthony to talk to him?"

"I tried to," Thomas began to speak up, "he's upset about the whole thing, but," Thomas trailed off. "I don't think Anthony sees how much this is hurting Eric."

"This is more than his parents' divorce." Colton said.

"Anthony's insecure about his relationship with Eric." Joey said.

"What makes you think that?"

"You don't think Anthony scroll through the comments on social media? Every girl is in love with his boyfriend. You don't think he isn't jealous?" Joey asked their manager.

"Eric's gonna like the attention from the fans, regardless, Joey." Their manager said.

"That's not the point. Whether if it's the fans or not- even if Eric likes the attention, that doesn't mean Anthony is okay with it." Joey said.

"So what does that mean for their relationship?"

"There's always gonna be people criticizing them... and it's not like it's gonna please everyone." Colton added on.

"It's not easy when you put your relationship out there." Thomas said.

"You don't remember when Anthony got bashed a few months ago on Twitter about their relationship?" Joey asked.

"Eric!"

His manager pulls Eric aside to talk to him, "You should take Anthony out tonight."

Eric's eyes widen as he couldn't contain his excitement, "Really?"

"I know we've been busy with doing shows, and I know you've been wanting to spend some time together-"

"Thank you so much, he's gonna be excited." He gives his manager a big hug.

"Don't mention it, you guys deserve it. Just don't do anything stupid."

They both laughed, "I promise, we're not capable of doing that." He smiled, as he looks over at Anthony who's talking to a fan, and he starts to get butterflies all over again. His manager notices the way Eric looks at him.

"You really love him, don't you?" his manager asked Eric.

Eric turned back to his manager, "Yeah I do." He looks over at Anthony once again, and this time he notices and smiles at his boyfriend.

"Eric," His manager says to him, "go. He's waiting."

Eric smiles, before going over to Anthony, spinning him around and grabbing his waist to kiss him. His manager watches the interaction between them, and he couldn't help but smile.

"Woah, wait." Anthony pulls away, "what's this for?"

"Come on." Eric grabs him by the hand, running down the street.

"Wait, babe, where are you-"

"Come on!" Eric says laughing.