sixteen • still the one

"What are you doing?" Eric asked.

"I've been trying to organize your dresser for the past hour and a half. You really need to do your laundry, dude."

"That's why I have you." Eric smirked, as he winked at Anthony.

"You're not helping."

"Am I wrong?"

Anthony rolled his eyes as he bunches up one of Eric's shirts and throws at him.

"Hey, that's my shirt!"

"I know." They both start to laugh. Eric stares at Anthony lovingly, as he leans over and kisses him.

"I love you." Eric whispered.

"I know."

Eric smiled at him, as he plants a kiss on his forehead.
****
"I wasn't expecting you to be here."

"I know, but... we need to talk."

Anthony didn't seem to have an answer or...so he thought. Even though he was the one who initially wanted to end things, he knew that Eric wasn't planning to give up that easily. He tries to walk away, but Eric stops in front of him.

"Wait," Eric starts off, "I know you don't want to talk to me right now, but, please..."

"Stop wasting your time."

"Joey told me everything." Anthony's eyes are wide, vulnerable, and pleading. "W-why didn't you...why did you wait so long to tell me?"

"I-I can't do this right now." Anthony said, there's a hint of sadness and guilt in his voice, as he attempts to storm off. He didn't want to be confronted with this.

"Stop acting like this. I'm not mad at you." Eric said, as he catches Anthony by the wrist.

"You're not?" Anthony asked in confusion.

Eric shook his head, "No."

"I-I don't deserve you." Anthony said wholeheartedly, with a hint of sadness and regret.

"Don't say that. Don't-" Eric tries to assure him, not to feel guilty.

"Why aren't you mad at me?" Anthony had to think about it for a brief moment. Anthony could only sigh.

"You were scared to tell me, weren't you?" Anthony cringed at the words that came out of his boyfriend's mouth. He wanted to argue back, but he knew Eric was right.

"I know this isn't my fault...but why do I feel like it is?"

Anthony's voice started to break, choking back on the tears that threatened to fall. It took a lot for him not to completely break down in front of Eric, but by the time he finished explaining everything, tears were already running down his face. Eric wasn't offended or hurt, he felt sorry for his boyfriend and all he wanted to do is was comfort him.

As Anthony was about to walk away, Eric catches him by the wrist. He pulls him into a hug, letting him sob into his shoulder. Anthony tried to talk, but all he could do is was cry harder. "Baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. . . I didn't know..."

He continued to cry for a short time before eventually pulling away from Eric's embrace, "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. I didn't mean to..." He felt dejected, hating himself for being so secretive. He didn't mean to take his anger out at Eric.

"I know, babe. I know."
Anthony gave him a small, sad smile, before continuing to speak, "Can...can we not talk about this anymore?" He tries to walk away again, but Eric walks and stops right in front of him.

"Hey, hey, look at me," Eric spoke, his fingers cupping the back of Anthony's head, brushing his tears away his face, "I'm not going anywhere. . . we'll figure this out, okay?"

Eric leans in to kiss him. He treats him to a long, dragging, kiss putting every ounce of longing and regret. It was a kiss that was hungry, urgent, and longing. After what feels like ages and still isn't long enough, they break apart.

There's a brief moment of silence as they looked into each other's eyes.

Eric doesn't say anything, but instead, takes a deep breath, tilting his forehead against Anthony's. And there was Eric, right in front of him; that soft, warm, private smile that was only for him. The smile that always calmed him down so easily, making all his problems and fears melt away. The hand that melded into his, squeezing it reassuringly to let him know that everything's going to be okay.

"Anthony!" A girl screams out of a car window, as it passes by.

"Very excited about Anthony being here." Colton said. The guys laugh.

"You're not jealous, Eric?" Joey asked with a huge smirk on his face.

"Why? Anthony knows who he's going to home to... right, babe?" Eric has a smirk on his face when he asks Anthony this, which makes him stop in his tracks. Literally. The guys cooed.