three • end of the road

Flashback
"Babe, we're gonna be late! Come on." Eric said as he was walking downstairs, stopping at the bottom.

"Hold on! Let me grab my jacket!" Anthony yelled as he was in their room.

"We really have to-" Eric stops his sentence as he sees Anthony walk down the steps all dressed up.

Holy shit. Eric thought to himself. Anthony was wearing a white button shirt, black pants and black shoes. To top it off, he was wearing a grey trench coat.

Eric's used to him wearing very casual clothes. Casual meant jeans and a t-shirt, and his black converse. Anthony's not the one to dress up, but, when he does, it makes Eric swoon and fall to his knees. He found it absolutely attractive when Anthony would dress up.

Eric couldn't stop himself from staring at his boyfriend. As he started to eye him up and down, all Eric wanted to do was just take his boyfriend and-

"What? What's wrong?" Anthony asked.

"I..I-um..."

"Oh my god, should I change? I should go change-"

"No!" Eric says, "I'm sorry. I just- damn, you look really good."

Anthony blushes and chuckles slightly, "Thanks, babe."

***
The next day, Anthony decided to stop by Thomas's place to pick something up before running some errands.

"Hey, do you mind giving me back my -" Anthony asks before peeking over Thomas's shoulder, seeing Eric standing in the middle of the room. Thomas follows his gaze, looking back at Eric, then slowly turning back to Anthony.

"You know, what? Don't worry about it, I'll come back later." Anthony said.

"Are you sure? I can just grab it-"

"No, it's fine." He said, before taking one more look at Eric and leaving. As soon as Thomas closed the door, Anthony felt a tear run down his face.

Thomas let out a huge sigh, as soon as he closed the door. He looks back at Eric to see him trying to not fall apart right now.

"If you're gonna ask me, if I'm fine, don't worry about it."

"Eric-"

"If you're wondering- I'm not planning to staying here any longer."

"Why not?"

"Anthony hates that I'm here."

"But you guys aren't even talking to each other."

Thomas sees the pain and hurt in his eyes, this was a side of Eric that he's never seen before. It was different. Although he's known Eric the longest, he's never seen him like this before.

"I just- you know it's not my job to fix this. You can't expect me-"

"Do you even understand how frustrating this is for me?!"

"I understand, but Eric-"

"Stop talking!" Eric manages to stop himself from before spewing out of control. He starts to pace around the room.

"You feel like this is your fault, isn't it?" Eric didn't even have to explain himself, Thomas did it for him. He understood exactly where he's coming from.

"Why did I even let this happen in the first place?"

"You don't even know if you did anything wrong! Why are you-"

"Stop. Just stop."
***
"This is the third time this week." Thomas said.

"I love the both of them, but, they can't keep doing this. This is cutting into our rehearsal time." Colton said.

Eric and Anthony were arguing right outside in the hallway, thinking no one could hear them.

"Is there a reason why I shouldn't be mad at you right now?!" Anthony asked.

"Are you even going to let me explain?" Eric answered back.

Anthony gives his boyfriend a fierce glare, "Seriously?"

"If you're not gonna let me talk then-" Eric gets cuts off by his boyfriend.

"Do you really want me to believe nothing happened between the both of you?"

"I was just talking to her, what's the big deal?"

"Oh," Anthony said sarcastically, "I'm sorry! Did you forget our fans know that we're dating here?!"

Eric raised his voice, "Did you understand how ridiculous you sound?! You're blowing this way out of proportion!"

"Out of proportion?!" Anthony yelled, "You don't think I saw that girl trying to flirt with you?!"

"Babe, nothing happened."

"Oh, bullshit!" Anthony snapped at him, "don't try to fool me here, I'm not stupid!"

"You know I wouldn't do that to you. Why are you freaking out about this?!"

Anthony storms off, walking away from Eric.

"Where are you going?"

"Anywhere away from you!" Anthony yelled as he leaves, slamming the door on his way out. The guys all stare as Anthony headed out the door.

"Well, shit." Thomas said.