six • shape of my heart

"I need to ask you something." Eric asked.

"What is it?" Anthony said.

"Hypothetically speaking, how would you feel about us being a couple?" he suggested.

"Why are you asking?" Eric and Anthony been going out for a few months now, and Eric felt like it was time to make things official.

"Just wondering."

"I mean...it's not a terrible idea."

"So, you're okay with this then? With us being a couple?" Eric's question completely catches Anthony off guard. He doesn't know what to say.

"Is this your way of asking me to be your boyfriend?"

"Yes?" Eric cringes at the fact he just asked the dawning question that he's been trying to avoid for months. He doesn't even try to look at him, but Anthony just responds by kissing him, and after a brief moment, he pulls away from Eric and smiles.

"So that's a yes, right?" Eric asked.

Anthony chuckled, playfully pushing his arm.

****
"Can someone fill me in on what's going on? Because it seems like I'm the only one doesn't know." The rest of the guys, excluding Eric and Anthony, were called into their manager's office. He was starting to notice very obvious tension between the two younger boys. He was always supportive of their relationship.

"Eric and Anthony broke up. They got into a huge fight a couple of days ago." Thomas said.

"Things have been extremely awkward. Neither of them want to talk to each other." Colton added on.

"Why do you think that?"

"Anthony skipped our recording session the other day, and Eric's been...well," Joey trails off.

"What?"

He sighs. "He's been crying...like a lot. He's not taking this very well."

"And you think Anthony has?"

"No. It seems like he's happy about this."

"You think so? I mean, Eric and Anthony were both at rehearsal yesterday, weren't they?"

"Yeah, but they still weren't talking to each other." Joey said.

"Why?"

Joey didn't have an answer, because he didn't know. He didn't know how Anthony was feeling about his breakup with Eric. He didn't know why they still weren't talking to each other. He was going off based on what he's seen within the past few days, and it looks like Anthony doesn't seem to care that much. It was a crazy idea to think that, and Joey didn't want to believe it.

His manager didn't know what to say. The guys didn't seem to have a reasonable explanation. I mean, he couldn't blame them. Even they didn't know what was going on between them. It's not like they wanted this to happen, it just did.

"I'm assuming none of you guys have talked to either of them."

They all shook their head. Their manager let out a huge sigh, "I'm not mad, I know this isn't your place to get involved in their relationship. I'm not expecting you to find a solution. With that being said, I don't want this to affect anything that happens within the group. If you guys find out what's going on, please let me know. Because, I'm not willing to lose two members at the same time."
****
It was after Midnight Red's show, and the guys were hanging out with their fans. To Anthony's surprise, he sees Eric talking to one of their fans. He started to smile because he loves when Eric interacted with them. It took Eric a minute to see Anthony staring at him across the room. He smiled, as he slowly made his way over to him.

Anthony couldn't help but stare at him. It's been a good two years him and Eric started dating. They've done a lot together within the past two years, it didn't seem like time had passed at all.

"Hey." Eric said with a huge smile. Anthony started to look around nervously, like he was worried or something. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I-I just missed you." Anthony said. They've been getting so busy with so many shows and performances lately, the two weren't able to spend any time with each other. It absolutely sucked, especially for Anthony.

Eric raised an eyebrow, "Well, that's a first. You never told me that before."

Anthony rolled his eyes, pushing him away jokingly.

"If you wanted us to spend some time together, you should've just said so. I would have had some amazing dates planned."

"I know you would." Anthony smiled.

Eric smiled back, starting to slowly step closer to him, his face inches away from Anthony. All he wanted to do was just kiss him right there.

Eric just continued to stare at him admiringly.

He was so in love with Anthony. It seemed so crazy to him because they're both so young, but they it felt right.

Eric leans in and wraps his arms around his waist, kissing him very deeply. Anthony smiled into the kiss, responding back by putting his hands around Eric's neck.

"You two are so cute, get married already!" one fan screamed at the top of her lungs. As he pulled away, they both started to laugh, with Eric's hands still on his waist. The rest of the guys noticed what was going on, and Anthony looks over Eric's shoulder to see them staring, with huge smirks on their faces. Eric frowns in confusion, but follows his boyfriend's gaze to see their bandmates staring at them.

"I love you." Anthony said.

Eric turned back to Anthony, staring into his deep brown eyes that he can't get enough of as he leans in to kiss him another time. It's like everything around him stops in slow motion when he's with Anthony. Love was truly a wonderful thing, and Eric couldn't be any happier.