nine (part 2): nothing lasts forever

All the leaves they turn from green to brown

That's what I've heard all my life

Baby, I'll never let you go

You'll never dance alone, they say nothing lasts forever

Anthony stopped crying after a couple of minutes. He felt so confused, heartbroken, and mostly... angry.

On the other side of the door, Joey could hear his uncontrollable sobbing.

As he wiped his tears, Anthony was about to leave to get some fresh air until he sees Joey still standing in the doorway. Anthony stands there, "I-I... thought you left."

"I wanted to..."Joey sighed. "But, I don't want to keep seeing you like this, man. I'm sorry, I-"

"No, no. You were right. About everything you said. I never wanted us to break up. I-I just don't want to hurt him, I'm afraid to tell him about my parents... I need to fix this...I love Eric so much and-" He pauses to swallow thickly and brush away some tears.

Joey started to smile.

"We've been through so much already, he's everything I ever wanted. I remember when I found out that he liked me, I panicked... because I started to like him too. We were both just two stupid teenagers that didn't know what the hell we were doing." Joey started to laugh.

"I don't want to throw away three and a half years of our relationship over this, he doesn't deserve that. I don't deserve that. I miss him so much... I-I can't even image my life without him, I just can't...I miss him so much. Eric's such a goofball sometimes...but I didn't think he would try to win me back."

"You're right... if Eric didn't love you, he would've moved on already."

"He probably hates me."

"I don't think so."

****

"Are you and Eric doing anything for Valentine's Day?" Joey asked him.

"Hmm..." Anthony thought, just because Eric hasn't texted him all day. "I don't know."

Joey just glared at him.

"He hasn't texted me all day. I-" He hears his phone vibrate in his back pocket, it was a text from Eric.

E: You thought I forgot about Valentine's Day, didn't you, babe? 😉😏 Anthony rolled his eyes, laughing at the text.

"Who is it?" Joey asked.

"Who do you think?" Anthony answered back.

Joey laughed, "Told you Eric wouldn't forget." He said.

"Shut up." Anthony said as he started to laugh.

Joey was continuing to laugh, "I'll see you later, bro." Anthony was walking to his car as he continued to text Eric.

A: You had me there for a minute, I was gonna beat you up 🙄
E: Sheesh babe, that's a little harsh. 😂
A: 🙄🙄
E: 😂😂
E: Anyway, once you get home, get dressed... I'm taking you out tonight 😉🤪 I'll see you when you get home, love you baby 😘

He's so cute. Anthony thinks to himself, as he couldn't help but smile. This was going to be the best Valentine's Day later.