Chapter 12

You pause, and look at the rest of the team

"Somethings wrong" You say wide eyed.

The team grabs their vests and runs to the vans.

On the way to the house Garcia calls.

"James was taking medication to help his drinking, it was recently cancelled by a family member named B. Devens" She says quickly

"Bryan Devens, this was his plan to cancel his father's medication and pin this whole thing on him, calling the helpline, to ensure it sounds like his father would be the one to murder his daughter, Bryan has been planning this for a long time. I hope Spencer is okay" You say sounding worried shaking your leg out of nervousness.

Upon arriving at the house, it's quiet, too quiet, something was not right.

You head downstairs and see Bryan with a large knife to Spencer's throat.

"Hey, Bryan, put the knife down, let's talk about this" Derek says coming up from behind you.

"Talk about what, h-he threatened me, he scared me with that g-gun that he has, he was going to s-shoot me" Bryan says with a shaky voice

"Nobody is going to hurt you. Put. The. Knife. Down." You say slowly

Bryan lowers his hands and drops the knife and starts to cry.

You run to Spencer as Derek cuffs Bryan

"Good tears" Derek says pulling Bryan

"Nothing is going to happen, I'm only sixteen, insanity and I'll be out in a few years" Bryan says no longer seeming upset.

"Spencer, my gosh are you okay" You examine the small cuts on his neck from where the knife was held tightly.

"Yes fine, I'm glad you understood the call and came when you did" He says holding both your shoulders

"Well, something was obviously wrong for you to call me darling, but I'm happy you're okay" you laugh giving him a quick hug.

You pause for a moment both looking into each other's eyes, his beautiful brown eyes looking right at you, you take a breath and break eye contact by looking around the room noticing a box next to Spencer marked Mom.

"Is this what you were going to open?" You asked

"yes, until he put a knife to my throat" He sighs

Opening the box together you notice a black bag with a wedding ring in it.

"It was the mothers" Spencer says as he looks at you.

Time passes and you all head back to the jet after a long case.

"It's hard to think what children are capable of" JJ says

"Given the right circumstances and biology, it can create the perfect psychopath storm" you say sitting down on the couch next to Spencer.

Everybody is relaxed doing their own thing on the trip home.

Spencer moves closer to you

"Hey I had to think on the spot during the call, He walked up to me and I didn't want him to be suspicious" He says shyly

"So the first thing you think of is to say you miss me" you say playfully

"Well, you know, I don't know, I guess" He says at loss for words.

"it's fine, I'm joking with you" you say tapping his hand.

Spencer looked exhausted, being up for over 30 hours and having a knife held to the throat can certainly make someone tired. He begins to fall asleep next to you on the couch. Grabbing the blanket beside him you lay it on him to ensure that he is warm. The faintest of smiles passes over his face.