FRIGHT FAMILY TRIATHLON

The Fright Family Triathlon

GothicLit  Horror and Fright have teamed up this April to bring you a short story triathlon with a difference. Below we have included three prompts that represent these profiles from within the Fright Family. We'd like you to make a 3-chapter short story using all three of the prompts below, where you place these prompts or how you interpret them is up to you - but there should be a beginning, middle and end.

FRIGHT PROMPT 

FRIGHT PROMPT 

A stray cat lingers a bit too long for your comfort. The feline begins to change things around your once calm home. Is the cat possessed or has it brought out something darker within you? 

GOTHIC LIT PROMPT 

GOTHIC LIT PROMPT 

You see a glimmer in a mirror of the one thing you fear the most.

HORROR PROMPT 

HORROR PROMPT 

It's been a rough day and you're just about ready to pass out for the night, but instead you hear a howling outside your window. When you go to investigate the source, you find yourself in the barren unknown.

Are you ready? 

We'll grab the popcorn as you venture into our Fright family triathlon and tell us the full story your way...

CONTEST PRIZES

Winning stories will receive a sticker and a profile shout-out from across the participating Fright family profiles.

SUBMISSIONS

The submission form will open on April 1st, 2021 and will close April 30th, 2021 11:59PM GMT. If you want to join us on our Fright Family Triathlon, please read the Guidelines below, and then fill in the submission form HERE

GUIDELINES

Word count: Overall your maximum story count must be a maximum of 5000 words. How this is divided between your chapters is your call. Author's notes and anything else that is not part of the story itself, will not be included as part of the word count. Add your story either as a stand-alone book, across one or more chapters, or as part of an existing short story collection. 

1. Stories must be written for this specific contest and published on Wattpad. We cannot accept links to your work off of the Wattpad platform.

2. Stories must adhere to Wattpad's Content guidelines

3. Writers from all over the world are welcome to apply, but submissions must be in English.

4. Please pay attention to punctuation, spelling and grammar. 

5. Ensure all prompts are included somewhere in your story.

Good Luck!

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.