Tag, you're it [CLOSED]

Dear Horror Lovers,

We have a contest for you that shall send chills up your spines!

We want you to write a short story having a maximum word count of 2000 words.

Prompt

A group of students decide to mess around one night in the school grounds but end up waking one nasty poltergeist.

○The deadline for submission is 23 June 2022 11:59 PM GMT.

○Word count of this prompt is 2000 words maximum.

○ Your story must be new and written for this contest.

○ You can post it in your existing short story collection or as a standalone.

○Please ensure you adhere to the following guidelines for a fair and even competition.

○All stories must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines and Participation must be within the Code of Conduct.

○Any and all eligible participants are welcome! (This means you must be at least 13 years of age to participate as per Wattpad terms and Conditions.)

○One entry per individual, so choose your words wisely!

○No co-written entries.

○Mature stories are allowed as long as they are in accordance with the Wattpad Content Guidelines

○LGBTQIAP+ characters or couples are always eligible for this contest.

○Only stories written in English will be accepted.

○You need to submit your entry via this form and tag them #FrightWritingContest22 or #fright22

Prizes

Well, what is a Contest without prizes, right? First and foremost, everyone partaking in the contest will receive a shiny participant sticker to be downloaded right HERE.

Winners

○A shout out from our profile

○A shiny "Winner" sticker

○Your story will be added to the Winner's Reading List

○Profile's winning anthologies

○Bragging rights

Runner-Ups

○A shout out from our profile

○Honorable mentions

○Bragging rights

Disclaimer

Please note that the above contest/challenge and its rules are creations of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of the said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.