Prompts: Part 4 #JustWriteIt

This month's #JustWriteIt challenge is a big one. November is the best month for putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboards), and finally getting that story started - or finished. And just because Halloween is over doesn't mean the dark stories have to come to an end. There's always room for more mystery, thrills, and chills in your library. Now is the perfect time to turn your Fright one-shots into #supercharged novels.

Or maybe you want to try something new. In that case, take a look at our writing prompts, including these two new additions from the darker side of the internet...

NETFLIX AND KILL?

You're getting cozy with your latest bae. You've got Netflix rigged up to your flat screen displaying hundreds of hours of prime entertainment, but you both know you two won't be watching anything tonight. Tonight isn't about slasher films, or Olivia Pope, or Cumberbatch. Tonight is about the two of you getting closer.

Or is it? What if your bae isn't just thirsty, she's bloodthirsty? What if the lights go out and there's a knock at the door? What if you're not alone in the house after all?

Will the screams on the screen keep the neighbours from suspecting foul play? Will you make it out alive?

HOT CRIME BLING - Mystery/Thriller

You used to call me on my cell phone, late night when you need my love. Ever since I left the city you got a reputation for yourself now.

Everybody knows and I feel left out. You got me down, you got me stressed out. Cause ever since I left the city, you started wearing less and goin' out more. Glasses of champagne out on the dance floor, hangin' with some people I've never seen before....

You got exactly what you asked for.

Let's see what you can do with the music video meme that will never die. Can you twist this prompt on it's head and turn a Drake song into a Noir Thriller? I'd like to see you try.

PS: This isn't a contest. It's a writing challenge to inspire you! Check out the #JustWriteIt page to take the pledge and get more info. There are no limits or requirements to participate, just write your bloody little hearts out. But just because there won't be any winners doesn't mean we won't be here watching (and reading!) from the shadows...