A Zombie fanpocolyse

Fanfiction, amirite?

I mean we've all got our favourite fandoms, the movies, shows and bands we love, not to mention everything else in between.

With that in mind, here is our challenge to you, in collaboration with WattZombie and Fanfic

Take your favourite fandom - and yes, it can be anything you like - throw zombies into the mix, and write as scary, spine-tingling, gut-wrenching and terrifying a story as you can.

There are, however, a few precursors that are probably worth mentioning and remember that whilst every fandom should be considered fair game, penalties will be accrued and bonus points achieved, depending upon the fandom within which you write.

If you write a story set within a fandom that already contains zombies - The Walking Dead, iZombie, Z-Nation, Resident Evil, etc - you will have points deducted from your overall score which means it'll have to be really, really good if it's gonna' win!

A single bonus point will be awarded should your story be written in a world first seen in classic literature - think Pride, Prejudice & Zombies.

If, however, you choose to write your story within one of the following fandoms, bonus points will be awarded:

#1 -Harry Potter (Specifically Fred and George Weasley)

#2 -Jurassic Park/Jurassic World (Specifically Ian Malcolm)

#3 - Firefly (Specifically Kayleigh Frye & Jayne Cobb)

#4 -Lord of the Rings (Specifically Sam/Frodo OR Gimli/Legolas)

#5 -Thundercats (Specifically WilyKit & WilyKat)

#6 - The Big Bang Theory (Specifically Leonard & Sheldon)

Above all else, just do us a favour and write some damn good stories. Make our job judging your entries as difficult as humanly possible!

The word limit here is 5000 words. That's right, it's a long one! Taking that into consideration we're giving you an entire month to complete the challenge, which gives you until Friday, June 23rd.

Any submissions exceeding the word limit or submitted after the date given will be considered ineligible for judging.

Unfortunately we can only accept entries written in English as we do not have the judging capabilities for other languages at this time.

Please do try to keep your story suitable for all readers [PG-13], though of course, there will always be a degree of leniency.

To submit your story, use this Submission Form and post the link to your story in the comment section below.

Remember to support your fellow competitors wherever possible.

---

For those of you interested as to how our scoring system works, well that really is quite simple.

We judge on prompt adherence, spelling and grammar which means in order to get a decent score, ensure your story is as well written as possible and that you adhere to the prompts given.