3: the villainess

As a 'family' we sat on our respected choosen seats and ate in silence, The only sound that can be heard were the silver forks and spoon scraping at each other.

"Are you feeling well, seraphina?" The viscount ask, The cause of my transmigration and the real seraphina's death was because she hit her head on the ground due to being trip by a rock, it caused her to be unconscious for the whole day and possibly caused her to die, I still don't know why I was transmigration here even though that little accident was nothing serious but it caused seraphina to be separated from her body.

"Yes, seraphina is feeling fine, daughter apologize for making father worry" I said even though all the tone we used to talk to each other was all indifference and coldness in it.

"Mn, Duke amrita is throwing a banquet for his daughter's coming-of-age ceremony" usually when a child from the official wife(first wife) reach the required coming-of-age which is 10 years old a celebration is a must but if an illegitimate child or a concubine-born child reach their coming-of-age a celebration is not needed.

"You and daichi will represent our house there, the ball will be held next week" he instructed, me and the capture targets just bowed our head respectively while saying "we will do as father said" he just responded a "Mn, good" he briefly said before standing up from his seat and leaving without a word, A few more moments daichi did the same thing.

--

The day of the celebration arrived in no more than three days since his visit, Mother again recited her long list of rules and that 'don't cause trouble' speech but the top priority for tonight is "try to get close with duke amrita's daughter"

In was customary for the legitimate child to climb in the carriage first and to step out of it before the illegitimate child or anyone lower than that, Daichi being the heir of house of Charlotte boarded the carriage first before me.

I sat on the opposite side from him as we are now facing each other but The atmosphere was filled with uncomfortable silence that even I can't stand, I didn't even knew that I was holding my breath until he spoke in a harsh tone "stay close to me, I don't want a bastard to cause any humiliation for the house" I didn't said anything but nod in reply.

--

We arrived not a minute after that, he stepped out of the carriage before I did, I stayed close behind him as he said but while walking to the gates I could hear the gossips of the other rich kid around

"Look isn't that the house of Charlotte"

"Where...... that's heir Charlotte, right?"

"yup and the girl behind him must be the rumored illegitimate daughter from an outside mistress of the viscount"

"what, that's impossible she carry herself with such grace and she's too beautiful"

"don't be fooled by her beauty, she's just a child born from a lowly-maid"

I played it by the ear and did or said nothing.

"Heir Charlotte and Young miss Charlotte have arrived" the Chamberlain announced as two guards opened the double door.

The hall was filled with bustling noises from the guest and the music played by the orchestra, It was so bright that it almost blinded me, Everyone from different houses is here.....

I would have choose to not attend this worthless party if it wasn't the heroine and the villainess...

Yes, this is the day the story of "the palace internal affair" begins, Seraphina and the heroine are similar in more than one way, The heroine was also born from an outside mistress and was brought home by her biological father, but what wasn't similar is that she have a doting and caring mother who never wanted her daughter to be involved in any political conflict while seraphina have a deceiving, evil, cruel and villainous mother.

Duke calix amrita and the heroine's mother are childhood sweetheart but because her mother was only a commoner he couldn't marry her and forced to marry another woman for political reason and that woman is the villainess birth mother, Duchess amrita have always hated the heroine's mother so by the time the heroine and her mother entered the house of amrita she made their lives a living hell..

Duke amrita is supposed to announced the existence of his new concubine and his second daughter today---the day of the villainess coming-of-age ceremony..

Not like the other typical villainess in any novels or games story, the villainess here is a clever two-faced spoiled princess, she is intelligent, kind and caring in public while evil and deceiving in reality, she never let her emotion control her.

After years of social brainwashing, the public, maids in the house of amrita, and her social circle all believed that she--the villainess is a caring, sweet, kind and elegant young lady.

"Everyone may I please have your attention, thank you for gracing my small and simple ceremony with your presence, I cannot ask for an even better coming-of-age banquet, I sincerely thank you from the very bottom of my heart, please enjoy yourselves" purple hair and purple eyes may I present that world's cleverest villainess of all time (said by the reader and the media) Madison Amrita.