19: banquet

In a week, Daichi's royal banquet will be held, although it was a bit rush, nothing can be done when it's the emperor's order, Just like in the novel, the emperor is quite fond of daichi, since he saw viscount Charlotte as his brother ever since they were small he sees daichi as his own son in a way too.

Unexpectedly the emperor is fond of all of his sons, of course there are other royals in the palace like the 3 concubines, 1 consort, 1 empress and 3 princesses.

The consort is none other than Windy Thyme--- the emperor's beloved woman and also the third prince mother, The 3 princess are mostly concubine-born daughters but none the less the emperor is a doting father despite how he looks.

The palace have been rustling and bustling day and night for the preparation Especially the marigold courtyard where he resides, each courtyard is like a mini palace, it have it's own servants, maids, butlers and full set of rooms, including the ballroom.

From birth each royal will be granted of their own courtyard--there all events or celebration hosted by the individual will be held in their courtyard's, but other major national and diplomatic celebration are of course hosted in the grand palace.

"Knight Charlotte, the tailors are here for the sixth prince" a maid walked in, informing me of the arrival of the tailors that are assigned to make daichi's suit for the banquet, standing up from my desk, I knocked on the door slowly.

"Your highness, the tailors are here" I said behind the door, I can hear noises from inside with him saying
"wonderful, lead them to the fitting room, I'll be there shortly" I nodded at the maid signaling her to do as the prince said, they bowed before walking pass me.

After awhile, daichi exited his study, I followed behind him quitely, Neither of us said anything, at the sight of the prince the maids at the door immediately opened the double door, usually an escort knight will proceed inside but I'm still a lady and that is a male's fitting room, another knight went in with the prince while I stayed at the door.

One thing I couldn't understand about daichi is that, why did he allowed me to be his escort knight? He clearly says everyday infront of my face back when we were kids that he despise me, loathe me for destroying his family and that he couldn't stand at the sight of me, so why? He could say to the emperor to replace me or I don't even have to escort him since his a strong knight himself, he can protect himself better than I can, so why? No matter how much I think of this I still couldn't come up with an answer, His never the type to torture his victims, he usually just draw his sword and slashes their neck, back then the only thing stopping him from killing me was the viscount, that we were a family by blood and paper so we shouldn't kill each other but we aren't a family now so no one will question him if he kills me.

Men are so difficult to understand... But then again so is women.

Before I know it the door opened again from the inside, daichi walking out while adjusting his collar, I spotted a red ink on his sleeves, weird he didn't had that before.... Oh no.

Based on how pale and terrified the maids look I can already guess what happened "bring in another tailor, and this time make sure that they know when to shut their mouth" he coldly said, I don't need to look inside to see how brutal the scene is, by the look of this, I know it wasn't pretty or clean at all.

Some knights went inside to... Clean the mess up, while I followed the prince back to his room, When his in a bad mood he just lock himself in his room and then comes out feeling good the next day... That is after he trash and destroy the room to his heart contents.

Please let the banquet be a peaceful night.

All the other bastards--I mean princes are attending the banquet as well, it's mandatory, and here I thought I'll get to enjoy my weekend.