41: Seraphina's True Nature.

"I'm doing what now?"

"First Princess Emelia invited you to join the usual Social banquet she's hosting this upcoming week"

"and....?"

The Empress's eyebrows twitched in annoyance, Seraphina is clearly showing her disinterest in this, who wouldn't.

"Seraphina...."

She said in a warning tone, Seraphina rolled her eyes before nodding her head.

"Fine" she groaned out, The Empress sighed out in helplessness, you can take the sword away from the girl but you can't take the girl away from the sword, her attempt in turning Seraphina into a proper elegant lady is... obviously not working at all.

"Before the gathering be sure to drop by here first, you need a proper dress and caring" eyeing the girl from head to toe, it's unbelievable how she manage to transform this rough looking war freak into a beautiful goddess.

"......ok" upon remembering the torture she went through with these three demons--namely The Empress, Ellie and Madison during the last banquet.

"Now off you go!" The Empress did not waste anymore time to shoo her away, pushing the girl out of the door, and then slamming the door right in front of her.

"Argggh!" Seraphina groaned in annoyance.

The Social banquet is usually held every year by one female member of the royal family, In the last banquet it was Concubine Mari Frye who hosted the banquet, this was the highlight of every lady in the kingdom, Especially those who just came of age.

Ellie dreaded upon this day, she would either hide or pretend to be sick just so she can't attend in it, Madison herself was bored of this but nothing can be done about it, as the first miss of her house she is obligated to attend this gathering.

Every year also the ladies had a chance to portray their talents, competition and rewards are given to those who won the contest, those deserving ladies with exceeding Beauty, brawn and brain, here are some of the many competition to choose from like painting, singing, instrumental playing, tea making, sewing, designing dresses and such, you know typical perfect lady stuff, but occasionally there are also competition like Equestrian horseback riding, arrow and bow, hunting contest, but these only happens occasionally because not many entered it, joining it will even show your future in-laws that your not fit to be a proper wife or bride for their sons.

The main purpose of this banquet was to attract families to your side, every unmarried ladies will compete in many competitions and portray their talents as much as they can, the more talented you are, the more marriage proposal you might possibly get, but their are some noble wives who are looking for far more stronger and capable daughter-in-laws for their sons thus the competition for strength and survival intelligence were held, they are the noble wives of knights, generals, commanders and warfare politicians, but as I said, those things rarely happens.

Madison and Ellie regardless if they or if they do not enter the competition will receive countless marriage proposals, some from prominent families, others are wannabe narcissistic mens who even dared to dream such beautiful creatures are his wife.

The Princess will also have to take part in this to attract potential suitors as well, the heat among the competitors are more fierce and critical during this years?, Why? To attract the Princes, of course!, The future Empress will be chosen by the current Empress but the future wives and family in-laws of the other prince will be chosen by either themselves or their mother, those who dreams to be part of the royal family have gone all out in preparation for the banquet every year in hopes of attracting the royal family.