29: The Emperor's Judgement.

Did I just risked my life to save them? Yes, I did.

Did I just got multiple wounds, cuts, bruises and injuries fighting off more than 20 assassins? Yes, I did.

Was I purposely lead away from the meeting room in an attempt to delay or even stop me from protecting those jerk--Princes? Yes, I was.

I got side ways a little because I was fighting assassins left and right while checking if christian was alive, Yup, I did that.

And now.......Am I kneeling before the emperor for my 'incompetence' and allowing one of the prince--in short letting one of the assassin hurt(cut his beautiful oh so fragile cheek) Raphael? Yes, I am.

Is it my fault that I got assigned to six different people? No, it wasn't.

But am I now suffering from a mistake that I didn't do? Yes, I am.

"Seraphina, where were you during the attack?" The Emperor asked.

"Before the meeting we knights were ordered to stay away from the room and instead patrol the surrounding area" I don't plan to sweet talk my way out of this, I went straight to the nail!.

"Why did it took you so long to get where they are?"

"Because I was too far away and I didn't knew where the Princes are, Assassins were sent to our side to stop me and Knight Harlow, it took us a bit of time to fend them off" I explained, tracking chips doesn't exist here!, How am I supposed to keep track on them and where they are!.

"It is obvious that you can't protect all six of them, the only thing I can do is removing you from them and place you in a new position, it's either you retire from your position or you choose one of the six prince to be your only master" he said, my eyes twinkled with stars as my heart jumped in enthusiasm, Retire! I want to retire! Why would I tie myself to them!?.

"Seraphina---!!" No!!! Why would someone interrupt me when I was just about an inch from my freedom!?.

The doors slamming open broke the suffocating atmosphere, I'm going to kill whoever it is!.

"Father Emperor!"

"Please wait! We have something to say!"

"You seriously cannot do this, without
Letting us have a say in it!"

What an earth?.....

"What are you doing?" The Emperor asked, unfazed at what his sons just did, as if he knew this would happen.

"You can't remove Seraphina from us!" Niko protested, some of them carrying about a medium stack of papers, they placed them on the Emperor's desk.

"What are these?" Exactly, what are those?

"These are evidence proving that some nobles of our kingdom contributed to the attack, the knight that instructed Seraphina and the other knights to stray away from the meeting room was brided by them" Raphael explained in confidence, he handed the said evidence to his father.

"It was not Seraphina's fault that they intentionally distracted her from us because they knew they won't be a match to her" Benjiro added, who knew the slut--I mean sloth of the heroine can sometimes be.....heroic, his not in his bed or laying somewhere sleeping not getting a shit to anyone.

"Father, be reasonable we got used of Seraphina being our Escort Knight therefore we will not accept anyone other than her" No! Your big boys not babies! You can protect yourself! Why do you need to drag me into this! I only protected you because I know I'm going to die if any of you die!.

"She and the other knight should not be blame for this attack, none of us expected this, they got more beaten up than the six of us" Akio stepped in, great even the playboy is playing the hero, intended sarcasm there.

"Then what do you propose we do, this already proven that Seraphina can't protect each of you on her own, at least not from an attack from another Kingdom, what if something like this happens again" Then why don't you just remove that useless rule where royals can't fight other Kingdom's citizen! It will be much easier for all of us!.

"I may have a solution" even daichi is here? Who else is isn't!?.

"Speak" the Emperor ordered.

"Your right Father Emperor, Seraphina can't handle all of us not when she's already juggling day to day from being assigned to different prince every day, but we already agreed that we can't let Seraphina be an Escort Knight to one of us, as Alistair said we got used to her already, The only solution is for us to have another knight with us at all times when Seraphina isn't there, We will continue to share her as we did for the last four years" but I didn't agreed to anything! Stop talking and for once ask what I want! You can't just keep deciding things for me!.

"I agree" I don't!

"As do I" No you don't!

"No objection here" there is one here!

"There is nothing I can do if you already agreed to it, My final judgment is serve, Seraphina will continue to be your Escort Knight, but you must each take in another Knight for your own safety when Seraphina isn't there with you, also Seraphina will stay with you at all times during a meeting a banquet or such, You don't have to listen to anyone other than my orders, also I'm giving Seraphina a month off to recover from her injury, I'm sure what you did took quite a toll in your body, this meeting is dismissed"

What?....

"See you next month Seraphina, I hope you recover well" Niko nodded toward me with his usual fake smile.

"Enjoy your rest" Benjiro pat me on the shoulder while passing by me.

"See you later Seraphina" Akio flashed his flirty smile at me, which surprise me for a moment.

"I hope to see you again Knight Charlotte" Raphael said, taking my hand and planting a kiss on it, the usual gentleman he is...but he scares me a little--a lot.

As for Alistair, our eyes met for about a minute before he nodded toward me and walked out, great.

"Looking forward to see you again Seraphina" Daichi said not bothering to spare me a look as he just walked pass me.

The only one left in the room was me and the Emperor, he flashed me a teasing smile and was about to say something when I raised my index finger at him with a glare.

"Please.... don't say anything"

I turned my heels and walked out of the door, out of the palace that I won't be returning to till next month.

Good riddance to you all bastards!.