5

TW's:
-None really

The rest of the day continued pretty calmly. Clay was really worried about me when I stopped eating dinner when I only ate half, but he didn't comment on it anymore. He went home after dinner and my aunt went home too, leaving me alone with my parents and my brother who came home late from work.

I was laying down on the couch and I had curled up like a ball, I was just so extremely tired. My brother walked towards me and sat on the couch. He was adopted before I was born. My parents couldn't have kids at first, but later it still seemed to work out. After they adopted my brother, I was born.

'Hey, George.'

I looked up slowly, nodding at him. 'Hi.'

'Are you tired?'

I nodded slightly, but sat up and smiled. 'I got chosen for the team.'

'Oh, really? I'm so happy for you, when is the tournament?'

'I think in two months or something, I'm pretty excited.'

My brother nodded. 'I'll be there. You can take some family members with you, right?'

I nodded. 'I think like three or four.'

'I'll be there to watch you play. I bet you're going to do awesome.'

I shrugged. 'I hope so, Clay says I'm good.'

My brother smiled and grabbed his phone, playing some sort of game. I laid down and I saw my brother looking at me.

'What's that bruise?'

I shrugged. 'I don't know, I think I hit something.'

My brother nodded slowly and looked back at his phone. I closed my eyes for a little as I heard my phone buzz. I grabbed it and saw a text from Clay.

Clay
hi gogy, i was wondering if u were feeling a bit better :)

You
im ok, dw! im just a bit tired and ill go to sleep in a bit :D

Clay
okay gogy, just checking on u <3

You
<3

I put my phone back down and I stood up, grabbing the armrest because I was feeling dizzy. My brother looked at me and grabbed my hand. 'Are you alright?'

I nodded. 'I'm going to bed.'

'Okay, George. Goodnight!'

'Goodnight.'

I walked to my parents in the kitchen, they were talking about something.

'Hey, I'm going to bed,' I said.

'Bed? It's eight pm,' my dad asked confused.

'I'm really tired.'

'Okay, sweetie. Sleep well, goodnight!' my mum said.

I nodded slowly and I walked upstairs, going to the bathroom to change clothes and brush my teeth. As I pulled off my trousers, I saw another big bruise on my leg. I startled a little, but I ignored it, pulling on pyjama trousers. I started brushing my teeth and when I was done, I spit out my toothpaste, seeing there was blood too. I had that since a few weeks now, my gums bled a lot. I probably just had to brush my teeth more.

I washed away the blood out of my mouth and the sink and walked to my room. I grabbed my phone and opened the chat with Clay.

You
im gonna sleep, goodnight

Clay
goodnight gogy, see you tomorrow!

I smiled at the chat and I closed my eyes, falling asleep within ten minutes.

It was midnight when I woke up, I was feeling really cold, but I was wet from all the sweat on my body. I was shivering a little and I sat up, looking around me. I pushed the sheets away, looking at why my body was this sweaty, but I couldn't seem to find a reason.

I wasn't feeling well at all and I had chills running through my whole body, even though I was sweating like crazy. I laid back down and closed my eyes again. I was feeling like I had a fever, but I didn't want to call for help. I wanted to go train tomorrow for the hockey tournament, I didn't want to stay at home. If I didn't go to school for my first training, they would immediately kick me out again.

I suddenly felt really cold and I pulled the sheets far over me, curling up like a ball. I was suddenly really emotional about how I was feeling this bad all of the sudden and I rolled to my side, hugging my pillow in between my belly and knees. I squeezed my eyes shut and started sobbing softly. I was suddenly very sad and I felt a tear rolling down my face.

Why did I have to get a fever just as I was chosen for the team? I was just going to school, I would just be sick for a few days and I would feel better again, it would be nothing too serious.

I sighed softly, wiping my tears away. I felt so dumb, crying about a stupid fever. It wasn't like I was dying, I was just not feeling that well. I would take some medication and I would feel totally fine again. I had always hated complaining about how I felt and I wasn't going to complain now either. I just had a fever and that was all. Just some medicine and I would feel amazing again.

I rolled to my back now, stuffing my pillow under my head again. I closed my eyes and started slowly dozing off again, constantly telling myself I would feel better soon and I was just having a fever.

How I would just go to school to train for the tournament tomorrow. How I would just have fun with Clay like we always did. How I would maybe make some new friends too in the new tournament team. I didn't need any more friends next to Clay, because he was the best friend I could ever wish for, but still.

He said a few people in the team were really nice and they talked sometimes, maybe they would like me too. I thought back about Clay, I really couldn't have a better friend than him. He was always there for me in the hardest times. I really loved Clay a lot, he was the best friend I could wish for and he would be my best friend forever. I knew that for sure.

Ten minutes later I got so tired that I fell asleep again for the rest of the night.

1057 words