12

TW's:
-None

Clay stayed the night with me after asking his parents and I woke up really late again. By that time Clay had already gone to school. I lifted myself up from my bed slowly, suddenly seeing saw a small letter on the chair next to my bed and I grabbed it.

Hi Gogy,

I had to go to school and I didn't want to wake you up. I'm coming after school again immediately again! I hope you will feel better today and remember that I love you a lot. I feel totally fine, I'm not sick at all. I would love to kiss you again sometime.

Clay <3

My face heated up a little and I smiled softly. Clay literally meant everything to me, my whole life was so much better because of him.

I looked at the door as I heard footsteps and my mum walked in carefully, looking if I was awake or not. She was holding a plate with some yoghurt and walked in, sitting down on the chair.

'Hey, sweetie. How are you feeling?'

I nodded slightly as answer. 'The same.'

'I made you some yoghurt. I came in earlier, but you were still asleep.'

'What time is it?'

'It's one pm.'

'That late?'

'Yes, sweetie. You slept really long, but you are really exhausted so it's understandable.'

I nodded slightly, grabbing the yoghurt my mum made me. I started eating the yoghurt slowly and my mum smiled at me.

'Did Clay and you figure out your feelings yesterday? I saw the message he wrote.'

I shrugged. 'I don't know, I think I like him.'

'Did you like kissing him?'

I nodded. 'I did like it a lot. What do we do now?'

'You could ask him to be your boyfriend if you want.'

'I might after I feel a bit better, I want it to be special when I ask him.'

My mum nodded. 'I understand, sweetie.'

I smiled and I lifted myself up. 'Can I go downstairs?'

'Of course, honey. I'm at home today, so I would like some company.'

I smiled again and I slowly stood up. My mum held me tight and helped me walk downstairs. I laid down on the couch immediately and looked at my brother. He was still at home, but he probably had to go to his work in just a few minutes.

He stood up and kneeled down in front of the couch, softly rubbing my hair. 'Are you okay, George?'

I nodded. 'I'm fine.'

My brother smiled. 'I love you, George. I have to work now, but I will see you this evening.'

I nodded. 'See you, have fun.'

'Thank you, I hope you will feel better soon.'

'Thanks.'

My brother kissed my mum's cheek and said goodbye to her before closing the door behind him. I looked at my mum who'd sat down on the other couch, reading her book.

'What's it about?' I asked.

'It's a thriller,' my mum answered. 'They kidnapped someone.'

'Exciting.'

'Definitely.'

I closed my eyes again and I almost started dozing off as I suddenly heard my mother's phone ring. I opened my eyes and looked at her. She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and accepted the call.

'Linda,' she said. 'Oh hello!'

A long silence from her side made me wonder if everything was fine. I looked at her face getting a little paler and she closed her eyes for a second, sighing deeply.

'I understand. He is here, he is really tired, but I will take him there immediately. Do I need to prepare anything?'

It was quiet again and my mum was slowly nodding as she heard things she recognised.

'Okay, I will be there as soon as possible. Do I need to call my husband to come too?'

I sat up now and I looked at her serious face, it was worrying me.

'Okay, I will call him. How long will it take to get the results? Normally one to three weeks? Okay, so probably five days? Okay, we are coming.'

My mum ended the call and looked at me with tears in her eyes. 'We have to go to hospital, honey.'

'What? Why?'

'Your blood results were really bad and they want to check out some things.'

I nodded slowly. 'What are they going to do?'

'They are going to numb the area around your hips a little and they will take a biopsy of your bone marrow.'

'Why?'

'They just want to check out some things. I have to call your dad first.'

'No, stop. Just explain me what is going on instead of this dumb and secret stuff. It's my own life and if I'm in danger or whatever, can you just tell me? I'm not a baby who you need to protect from the harsh world, I'm seventeen and I want to know the truth and what is going on.'

'We have to go there quickly so I will firstly call your dad.'

'Why am I not important enough?' I yelled.

'You are so important that I'm driving you to hospital and I will call your dad.'

'YOU'RE LYING TO ME.'

'George, I just don't want to worry you for anything you might not even have.'

'BUT WHAT?'

'I'm calling your dad.'

I sighed loudly while I felt the anger in my body grow. Why didn't she just tell me what was wrong, it was my life and I just wasn't even allowed to know what I had and they were allowed to. I got very mad and after my mum called my dad, she looked at me. I stood up with clenched fists and I looked at her madly.

'Just tell me what is going on, you're so annoying. It's my life and you're allowed to know and I'm not allowed to?'

'I don't want to worry you if you don't have it.'

'If I don't have it I'll see it then, please just tell me what's going on.'

'I can't, George. It's also difficult for me.'

'I HATE YOU, JUST TELL ME.'

My mum grabbed my shoulder and she had tears in her eyes again. 'They think you might have cancer, George.'

1034 words