7

TW's:
-Blood

The day continued quickly and before we knew Clay and I were walking to the hall we were going to be training in for the tournament. I had been really tired the whole day and I wasn't feeling okay at all, but I had to go to the training.

I was walking with Clay to the hall, but I was too tired to lift up my feet. Clay looked at it, but didn't say anything about it next to giving me a worried look.

'Are you sure you're able to train?'

I nodded slowly and we kept walking, sitting down in the changing room. I pulled off my shirt to change into a different one, but Clay looked at me. 'What the hell?' he whispered so no one in the room could hear us.

'What?'

'You have another bruise.'

'Must have hit something in my sleep.'

I put on my shirt and Clay grabbed my hand, pulling me with him. We walked away from the others and he looked at me. 'Are you getting abused or something?'

I shook my head. 'By who would I get abused?'

'Your parents, I don't know?'

'You literally talk to my parents everyday. You're there most of the time. We have to change, it's almost starting.'

'I'm really worried about you, George.'

'It's fine, I'm actually fine. I think I'm just getting a fever, or maybe I already have one.'

Clay's hand went up to my head and he placed it on my forehead. 'You're warm, I think it's better if you go home.'

I shook my head. 'I'll just train today and maybe I'll stay at home tomorrow.'

'Sure?'

I nodded and pushed the door open again, walking into the changing room quickly before the training started. Clay walked after me slowly and also changed into his sports clothes. We walked to the hall, sitting down on a bench to wait for everyone to arrive. Clay was staring a bit to the ground and he suddenly grabbed my leg.

'What the actual heck is wrong?' he now yelled.

I was startled by him yelling and looked at my leg, revealing the bruise on my leg which I found out about yesterday. I shrugged. 'It's nothing.'

Clay bit his lip and he seemed to be fighting against his tears. 'You're not okay, Gogy.'

I smiled at him. 'I'm just having a fever, I'm going to train today and I'll stay home for the next few days, alright?'

'Are you sure?'

I nodded. 'I'm okay, Clay. I'll just go to the doctor if it stays like this and then he will tell me that I'm totally fine.'

Clay nodded slightly. 'I really hope you are alright, Gogy. You mean the world to me, I don't want to lose my best friend.'

'I'm not dying. I just have a fever, I'm just here, dude. I'm not even close to dying.'

'But you aren't alright.'

'It's fine,' I giggled as I held his shoulder for a bit. 'I'm totally okay, I'll make sure to get it checked out if it gets worse.'

Clay nodded slightly and he opened his mouth to talk, but the trainer of our team started talking. 'All of you stand up to warm up!'

Clay and I stood up and we started running around the hall. I got really dizzy and short of breath after one round, but because I didn't want to worry Clay, I decided to keep running. I kept running and running and after a while I saw people were way faster than me, I was breathing heavily and stopped running for a little.

'George, keep running!' the trainer yelled.

I nodded slowly and I started running again. I was so incredibly tired that I fell over my own feet and I fell on the ground. I laid down on the ground and rolled to my back, seeing Clay hang over me.

'Are you alright? Oh, George, you have a nosebleed again. Come, stand up.'

I was too tired to stand up and let Clay lift me up. 'Let's go to the bathroom.'

The trainer looked at me and he looked at me in concern. 'Are you alright, George?'

I nodded slowly as I tried to calm down my breathing rhythm. I was holding Clay's hand and I was too weak to walk myself. Clay wrapped his arms around my waist to help me walk. The trainer grabbed a napkin and gave it to me, but I was just way too tired. Clay held the napkin against my nose and we walked to the changing room, walking to the bathroom.

I sat down on the ground and Clay held his thumb and index finger just under the bone of my nose.

'Georgie, you're not okay. I think you should go to the doctor as soon as possible.'

I nodded slightly, but I was just too tired to reply. I leaned forwards and rested my forehead on Clay's shoulder. Clay wrapped his free arm around my shoulders. 'I think it's better if you're not training today.'

I shook my head. 'I'm going back.'

'George, you can't. You're sick.'

'I'm going back.'

'George, please don't. I'm worried about you.'

I shrugged. 'It's fine, I just fell on my nose that's why it's bleeding.'

'But you're so pale and tired.'

'I'll be fine, don't worry.'

'Please go home, George.'

'I'll train today and I'll stay home for the next few days. I'm sure my fever will pass by within a few days.'

'George, you're not okay. I won't let you go train for a stupid tournament. The tournament is worth nothing in comparison to your health.'

'But I'm fine.'

'No-,' Clay started his sentence, but I was sick of it. I stood up and started walking to the hall again, as Clay grabbed my arm.

'Come back,' he yelled hopelessly. 'Fine, I will let you train, but at least sit here until your nosebleed stops.'

I sighed and sat back down, holding my nose again, waiting for it to stop. Clay sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, calmly waiting for my nose to stop bleeding.

After my nosebleed stopped, I stood up, immediately running back to the hall before Clay could stop me.

1046 words