33

TW's:
-Okay, this is even sadder so-

Clay just sat behind me in silence, constantly kissing my cheek and holding me tight. He cared for me as I threw up again, he made me feel calmer and I had fallen asleep after the doctor explained to Clay what was going on.

It was hours later when I woke up and Clay kissed my cheek, smiling at me. 'Hey, sweetie.'

It felt like the reality just hit me and I suddenly bursted into tears. 'Clay, I don't want to die.'

'Baby, we are going to do anything to make you feel better, okay?'

'If I die, Clay? Can we do the last wish I have?'

'What's your wish, baby?'

'I want to watch the tournament.'

'We will make you watch the tournament, sweetie.'

'Am I going to die?'

'I don't know, Georgie. I don't know.'

'Please, do what you did a few weeks back. Tell me everything is going to be alright, tell me you will never leave me.'

'I will never leave you.'

'Promise me,' I whispered with tears in my eyes as I felt my chest tighten a little. 'I'm going to have a panic attack.'

'Calm down, sweetie. Calm down, I'm with you and I promise that to you. Close your eyes, sweetie. Close your eyes and breathe calmly.'

He pulled me closer and I rested my head on his chest. 'I don't want to die.'

Clay didn't know what to say and kissed my cheek. 'I'm going to do everything I can, honey. I'm going to donate my stem cells for you.'

My head lifted up and I looked at him with big eyes. 'Really?'

'Really, I'm going to donate them tomorrow.'

'But the chance of us being a match is so low.'

'But never zero,' Clay said, kissing my forehead softly.

'Will you get sick because of that?'

'I don't care at all, okay? I don't care.'

'I don't want you to be sick.'

'Honey, for my part I would die to save your life. You are the sick one here and if I can maybe save you by donating my stem cells, I absolutely will. With that I'm never going to get that sick of it, I'll probably have a bruise and be sore.'

I nodded slowly and had tears in my eyes. 'Do you actually mean that?'

'I feel like I have to for a reason. You honestly just feel like a soulmate or something to me. We have always been together, we fell in love, we have always been with each other in hard time, we have always stood up for each other, we have always understood each other without saying anything. If we went through so much, I'm willing to believe I'm going to be the match you need.'

'And what if you aren't?'

'Then I'll be giving you the most beautiful weeks to months of your whole life.'

'What are you going to do if I die?'

'Anything you want me to do.'

'I want you to keep living your life, find a new boyfriend, marry the man you love. I want you to keep continuing with hockey and I want you to always keep loving me.'

'The last thing isn't even a question, I will always keep loving you. No matter who I'm going to love, you will always be my number one.'

'I'm afraid. I'm not afraid of death, but I'm afraid.'

'What makes you afraid.'

'I'm afraid to be forgotten.'

Clay grabbed my hand and stuck out his pinkie. I did the same and he locked them together. 'And I promise you that I'm never going to forget you.'

'How?'

'I will hang pictures of us together everywhere in my room, I will be bald for the rest of my life, I will play hockey with your number on my back and most importantly, I will think about you every second of the day, look up to you watching over me. I will probably cry a lot, I will constantly grief just as long as it took me to heal from the wound. Then I will smile because I believe you are going to be happier.'

I now bursted into tears and started crying my eyes out in his shirt. 'I'm so young,' I whispered.

'You are, honey. But let's not give up, okay?'

'I feel like all hope is gone.'

'Not all hope is gone, sweetie. You're really strong.'

'Clay?'

'Yes, baby.'

'If I die,' I whispered as I swallowed away my tears. 'I want no one to wear black.'

'Okay, Georgie. But let's not think about that.'

'I want to. I want to make sure that if I die everyone knows how to act.'

I saw Clay biting his lip to fight against his tears and to not break down. 'What would you like more?'

'Happy socks.' I pointed at my feet, I was always wearing happy socks, I wanted everyone to wear them.

I saw Clay's eyes filling with tears and he smiled shortly. He lifted his sweats up a little and showed me his happy socks. 'I'm also wearing them, sweetie.'

'I want you to know that I love you forever even if I would die.'

'I love you too, honey. But you are not going to die, I promise you.'

'You promise me?'

Clay sighed really softly and smiled. I knew he didn't want to make a promise he couldn't keep, but he grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it. 'I promise you, but you have to promise me something too.'

I nodded slowly. 'What do you want me to promise you?'

'To keep fighting and to not give up. Because even if we aren't a match, I want you as long as possible in my life. Promise me that you will keep fighting until there is no other option than letting go.'

I nodded slowly and rested my head against Clay's beanie. He kissed my hand and smiled softly. 'Do you promise me to keep fighting?'

I nodded again. 'I promise you I will keep fighting until I can't anymore.'

1013 words
(This is based off what Melissa wanted on her funeral)