24

TW's:
-Chemotherapy
-Throwing up

It was one week and a few days later and it was a few days after my last chemo. After the chemo a few days ago I had a bone marrow biopsy again to see if the leukaemia cells were going down. I also had a MRI again and I was with Clay all the time.

I was completely bald now, my eyebrows and eyelashes fell out too, just as hair on my arm, legs and actually everywhere. I was tired all day again and I had thrown up more than ever, but I was glad that I was with Clay.

I had now been walking everyday, because I wanted to stay fit for my tournament. Since the goal was to keep fit in chemotherapy, I was often brought to the fitness hall where I could cycle on a hometrainer or walk on treadmills. I was too tired to do it longer than ten minutes, but at least it was something. I always went in the morning or the evening so I didn't have to do anything close to my chemo session.

I was hoping the results would come faster this time and I was only hoping for me to finally be able to go to the next step. I would still have chemo then, but I was allowed to go to school and to go home. I was more than excited for that.

Just as I hoped the doctor came in with a big smile. 'George, I have good news.'

I looked at my parents and squeezed Clay's hand tightly.

'The leukaemia isn't winning this time, it's way lower than before and it's low enough to go to the next stage. And do you know what that means?'

I shook my head, but smiled brightly.

'That means that after your first round of chemo, you are allowed to go home if you're doing well.'

I smiled even brighter and I hugged Clay tightly. 'Home?'

'Yes, home. And if you feel well enough you might even be able to go to school.'

I could only smile and after that I bursted into tears because of happiness.

'So I don't have this extreme chemo anymore?'

'You will have one intense round of chemo every three to four weeks in which you have to stay in the hospital for maximum a week.'

I smiled and hid my face in Clay's hoodie because I was so happy.

'The leukaemia is getting weaker, George. But you are getting stronger.'

I constantly smiled. 'Did the cancer spread to anywhere?'

'It's in your blood and bone marrow, but it hasn't spread to anywhere else.'

I hugged Clay tightly and he kissed my forehead. 'I'm so proud of you.'

'What's going to happen now?' I asked after kissing Clay's cheek.

'You're going to get chemo for around five days starting tomorrow and then after your body has healed a little you can go home.'

I started moving happily. 'I can go home, Clay!' I yelled.

'Yes, sweetie. You can.'

'Do I have to wear a mask or something if I go to school?'

'Your immune system is getting a lot better. Of course you are way weaker than others, but you just have to keep cleaning everything around you. People are not allowed to touch you without having to have cleaned themselves fully. And obviously stay away from sick people. If you feel safer with a mask you can wear it, but it's not necessary.'

I nodded and smiled again. 'Clay?'

'Yes, sweetie?'

'Do you think they will allow me to wear my beanie?'

'They will, I'm allowed to too.'

'I'm so excited.'

'We can start the chemo today so you can go home right after the weekend. You can keep your tube at home and we will buy the stuff you need for that.'

I nodded. I had never been more excited for a chemo round to start. I wanted to go home again, I wanted to be outside.

And with that the doctor walked away to prepare the chemo for me. I was cuddling with Clay and crying because of happiness.

'I'm going to get better,' I whispered. 'I know it, I just know it. I'm beating this cancer.'

'I know you can do it, you're so strong.'

I smiled at Clay and kissed him shortly. 'Maybe we can finally kiss when we are at home.'

Clay giggled. 'I would love to.'

'I'm sorry that you're my boyfriend but you can even really kiss me.'

'That's totally fine with me, I don't want to make you even sicker, sweetie.'

I nodded slowly and kissed his cheek. 'I will be able to kiss you soon if you want that.'

'Of course,' Clay said smiling.

The doctor came back and within a few minutes the chemo started again. I was really used to this now and cuddled up with Clay, just waiting for the nausea and all symptoms to come up again.

One hour after the chemo, they already came again, making me throw up a few times, but I didn't even mind. I was going to get better and I was going to be home in about a week. I couldn't care less about the pain and everything I was feeling.

A few hours later I stopped throwing up and laid back down after I got fed through my tube and drank a lot of water.

I looked at Clay and I kept smiling. 'I'm going to get better, Clay. I will beat this cancer and then we are going to be together forever when I'm healthy again.'

Clay giggled. Since my parents weren't here he smirked a little and lifted my shirt up slightly. 'If I can't kiss you on your lips, I can at least kiss your chest.'

I giggled shyly as he started kissing my whole belly and he rubbed over it after. He smiled at me and covered my face with kisses, very carefully kissing my lips to make sure no saliva was going to be brought over to me. That was dangerous after chemo, so we avoided that as much as possible.

After Clay kissed my chest again, he laid back down next to me. 'Did you like that?'

I giggled shyly and nodded. 'I did, I love you.'

1048 words