Aftermath

A/N note to self: /don't/ publish a book unless you have the whole thing written and edited before hand.

Jack flopped down on the couch of the apartment, snowflakes melting in his hair, his cheeks dusted pink. He was smiling so much it hurt.

"Soo..." Crutchie leaned against the counter of the halfwall of the kitchen, looking out at Jack on the couch, "How'd it go?"

"It was perfect, he's perfect. He looks beautiful in the snow. I need to paint him." Jack adored Davey, as you can probably tell.

Crutchie laughed softly, "Slow down, cowboy."

Jack just screamed into the pillow. He was head over heels for this dork and could do nothing about it. "I already miss him." He sat up on the couch, looking over at Crutchie who was just hysterically laughing.

"You're so in love it's gross."
"There ain't nothing wrong with that, Crutch." Jack defended.

"No no it's cute. You've never been like this."
Jack scoffed, "Cute."

Crutchie gave him a look, going back to cleaning the kitchen. "Would you prefer manly?" 

Jack chucked a pillow through the half wall, nailing Crutchie right in the back of the head.

"Ow!?" Crutchie threw the pillow right back for Jack to catch.

"Awe did I hurt you, little guy?" He laid back down on the couch, his hands behind his head.

Crutchie only mocked him, "Jeez when can I move out?"

••••••••••••••••••••••

"Tell me everything that happened." Sarah forced Davey onto the couch of his dorm

"Don't you have an apartment you could be in at the moment?" Davey sipped the last of his coffee and set it on the table.

"Yes, but I would rather be here. Now spill." Davey rolled his eyes, laughing quietly.

"We got coffee, walked around, went in this little art store for Jack, and went out to lunch." Davey hummed, rubbing his eyes. "And I'm tired so out." He laid down on the couch, swatting Sarah away.

"Wow so much respect for your older sister."
"By one minute."
"And forty seconds." Sarah gave him an innocent smile and slipped out of the apartment.

Davey laughed to himself and closed his eyes. His thoughts were clouded with Jack, sleeping didn't seem like an option. If he's honest with himself he had no clue what he was doing. Was it normal to feel clingy? Natural to want to text him even though it's only been a few minutes? Davey didn't know. He was just glad Jack had texted him first.