Cliches

A/N ok so this chapter is really cute and I was bored and I couldn't help myself

      Crutchie did indeed throw a party. After Jack came back from his walk with Davey a blushing mess Crutchie drilled him with questions that Jack answered easily.

      "Thank God! My crops are healthy, my skin is clear, and my leg is cured!"

      Jack rolled his eyes. "It's just a girl."

      "A girl you dropped for a very nice, very smart, very attractive guy."

      "I have no idea what youre talking about." Jack walked to his desk, sitting down with his sketchbook.

      "You do to!" Crutchie followed slowly behind him. Jack looked up at him, keeping eye contact and putting in earbuds.

      Crutchie let out an over dramatic sigh. "Kids these days."

      Jack ended up drawing Davey, again. He couldn't help it. He sat down and just drew, letting his pencil do the work, and his pencil drew Davey. He already missed him and it hasn't even been an hour since he last saw him. There was no doubt in his mind that he was starting to fall for him, caught in slow motion now, but he would eventually hit the ground.

      Around 5 oclock that night he got a text from Davey.

Davey: Are you doing anything?
Jack: nope
Davey: Come over, get here before sunset.

      Jack was already out the door and in his car before he typed out his response,

Jack: k omw

      Blink stood on the back of the couch, holding David's phone out of reach. Mush was laughing his ass off on the floor at the two and Davey was bright red.

      "Jack's on his way." Blink smirked.

      "I hate you." Davey glared

      "Oh please." Blink rolled his eyes,  "You've been gushing about Jack since you met him. And now that Kath is out of the picture.." He smiled mischievously.

      "I don't like him anymore. I can't like him."

      "And why not?" Mush spoke up after he caught his breath from laughing.

      "What would a guy like Jack Kelly want with a guy like me?" There was a knock at the door.

      "Why don't you find that out?" Blink and Mush climbed out the small window and down the fire escape. Might I add, they took David's phone.

      Davey answered the door, smiling wide at Jack "Come on we got 3 minutes." He grabbed his wrist, not thinking about it really and led him to the window. He climbed out with ease, letting go of Jack's wrist and started the climb to the roof. You could use the fire escape for a good amount of the way but you had to hoist yourself up onto the actual roof, which was easy for Davey. He came up here often with coffee, to do homework, clear his head.

      He extended his hand for Jack, who took it, and pulled him up onto the roof. He walked over to the side of the roof facing the west. The sun was a huge reddish orange dot in the air, setting slowly. The wind was nice and calm, blowing Davey's hair in front of his face and he constantly had to brush it away. Jack joined him at his side, standing quite close, but Davey didn't notice.

      "Did you want to talk to me or something?"
      "I'm going to be honest, I didn't invite you. Blink and Mush did and took my phone." Davey whispered. They were probably listening to the two. Jack laughed a little.

      "This is some sort of plan. I don't know their aim but...." He trailed off. Blink and Mush were capable of many things, especially with Davey's phone.

      He turned to look at Jack, "You gonna paint this later?"

      Jack drew his attention from the sky to Davey. "Yea.." He brushed some hair out of Davey's face, "I think I will."

      Davey felt something hung over the two. Some sort of tension or awkwardness, but he couldn't quite place it. After a long moment he realized they were leaning towards each other, now rather close.

      "Um."
      "Uh." Jack itched the back of his neck. "I uh. Sorry I should go." he turned to walk back down the fire escape

      "No you don't have to." Davey said all too quickly.

Hold for a second.
David Jacobs is indeed falling head over heels for Jack Kelly. Yes, technically he already has. But remember the whole spark thing. Well it's back. Someone is lighting a fire inside him again. The wind keeps hitting the spark, blowing it away and putting it out. But there is still someone there. There is still that hope that maybe, just maybe, he can get him.

      Jack paused, looking back at Davey "I mean they did invite you, you might as well stay." He hugged himself, just for comfort, possibly because being in the presence of Jack made him feel insecure, but he would never admit that.

      "Why do you do that?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

      "Do what?" Davey leaned against the wall that acted as a railing for the rim of the roof.

      "Hug yourself like that. Whatcha worried about?"

      No one had asked Davey before, no one had ever cared. Except Blink and Mush but they knew him long enough to know not to ask about it. Davey just shrugged.

      "You have nothing to worry about."

      Davey scoffed "I have everything to worry about. I'm far from your average "perfect""

      Jack crossed his arms, smirking a little  "I'll need proof to back up your statement, Mr. Jacobs."

      Davey shook his head. "You're ridiculous."

      Another beat of silence and then there was music. Soft and slow coming from somewhere in the streets. "Well how cliche.." Davey rolled his eyes, looking over the edge in the direction of the melody.

      "What's wrong with cliche." Jack took Davey's hand, twirling him.

      Davey laughed "You're cheesy."
      "Possibly."

      In that moment it was clear to Davey he couldn't brush aside this feeling anymore. Jack was charming, handsome, funny, kind, smart...in a way. And even if he tried, the feeling he had wasn't going anywhere. The two laughed and danced until the sun set and the moon rose. Stars splattered in the sky, the only light source was the moon and these few twinkling lights.

      Jack spun Davey towards him one last time and in a fit of giggles Davey fell into his chest. He smiled at him happy and content for only a moment longer. Until reality set in. Davey straightened up, moving away from Jack.

      "I have to go." He said quietly, walking to the side of the roof and down the fire escape back into his apartment.

       "Dave-" Jack tried to call after him, but Davey ignored it. In all reality he was scared of being hurt again. Sure, it all happened in high school but he hadn't had any other experiences. No other first dates, no other cuddles and movie nights.

Or so he thought.

      The Star Wars fiasco? Yeah, he didn't remember. After all, it all happened in a blur. But sleep deprived, unconscious Davey loved it.

      And you bet your ass, fully functional, awake Jack loved it too.