Notes

A/N So my school went back on virtual. Kill me. Anyway. I'll have a lot more time to write and update this book now so look out for that :)

     Davey threw his things on the couch. "Where were you?!" Blink, as Davey and Mush called him, came around the corner from the hall.

"I am literally in college you don't need to have a curfew for me." Davey deadpanned.

"We are your temporary father figures." Mush yelled from their bedroom.

"And I'm older than both of you."

"Don't you know not to start a sentence with and." Mush retorted.

Davey rolled his eyes, walking over to his bag to grab his laptop again. A small piece of notebook paper fell from the inside of the closed computer. He picked it up, opening it carefully as to not rip it.

Still looking forward to coffee
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Davey shook his head, laughing. When and how Jack had slipped the note, Davey didn't know. He quickly pulled out his phone and shot Jack a text just so he had his number.

"Watcha got there?" Mush was behind Davey, making an attempt to look over his shoulder.

"Nothing." Davey pocketed the note.

"Uhuh. We've been friends since elementary school I can see right through you." Mush gave Davey the look.

"Really it's nothing." Davey could feel a blush creeping up his neck, and dusting the tip of his ears.

"He's blushing."
"I hate you."
"And yet you live with me." Blink crossed his arms, standing next to Mush. "Now who's the note from and what's it say?"

These two were good at this, Davey was like an open book to people he knew. And he had known Blink and Mush for a while. The two had been together for 3 years now and had basically adopted Davey senior year of high school.

"Just a guy I met today." Davey said quietly.

"Oh my God, Blink! He met a guy!"
"He's growing up so fast."

Davey pinched the bridge of his nose, "Please stop."

"What's his name?"
"Jack."
"Whats he look like?"

Ok so lots of questions. "Uh brown hair, hazel eyes, head shorter than me-"

"Wait a minute. Wait a damn minute. Jack Kelly?" Mush raised an eyebrow.

"Yes?" One thing was for sure, if Blink and Mush had known Jack as long as they had known Davey, and never told him, they had a problem. You cant just keep your hot friends to yourself, that was David's outlook on it.

"Ha! Jack Kelly. How is he? Tell him he needs to get his ass over here one day."

"Why didn't you tell me you had a hot guy as a close friend?!"

"Oh! So you think hes hot?"

Davey's mood dropped "I mean. Yeah. But he has a girlfriend as is way out of my league."

David opened his laptop, sitting down at the desk by the small, and only, window in the dorm.

"David Jacobs no one is out of your league." Blink sat on top of the desk.

Davey laughed, "Gee thanks." his voice dripped with sarcasm.

"Seriously you're amazing, kind, wicked smart. Anyone would be lucky to have you. And until you realize that," Blink closed Davey's laptop "We are taking a break."

"Still hate you." Davey leaned his elbow on the desk, resting his head in his hand.

Blink laughed, "Love you too David. Now let's go for a drive or something." Davey sighed, standing up "Fine."

David always liked drives. He could just listen, listen to everything. The wind whipping through the air as they sped down the long dirt road, the gravel and stones they drove over, the birds on telephone wires and in the trees whose leaves were all shades of red, orange, and yellow, slowly falling to cover the browning grass. David enjoyed this especially with Blink and Mush. The conversations the two had were always fun to listen to. When they would sing along to songs on the radio and sometimes get Davey to join, that was living the life. All his responsibilities and worries just slipped away, becoming nothing but dust particles floating in the air. Dust particles that would contaminate his brain again later, but not yet, not now. The leaves rustled against each other and Davey took in a deep breath, absorbing the perfect moment. One that you don't normally get. Everything just stopped, like someone snapped a picture, there was the flash, then you had the perfect moment right in your hands. He only wished he could keep this moment that easily forever.

"So, what did you and Jack do?" Blink turned down the radio.

Davey drew his attention from the window to Blink. "Just got some food with Crutchie and went our separate ways. He found me in the library and we had a little conversation." Davey shrugged, turning back to the window.

"Awww how cute." Blink gushed.

Davey rolled his eyes. "It's nothing really."

Mush listened carefully. "You like him, don't you?"

"I've expressed." Davey looked back at them. "Not that I stand a chance. Look at the guy! I mean, I'm just... me and he's so...amazing." He sighed.

"You're blushing."

"I hate you."