Black Coffee

A/N dis boi long

Katherine left for her evening classes a few minutes later. By then Crutchie was back and was rather upset to see Davey had left so suddenly.

"Remind me what you see in Kath again?" Crutchie leaned on his crutch,

"I- I dunno."

"Oh my God! You're growing up! You are realizing that you need to leave her!" Crutchie wiped away a fake tear "I'm so proud of you."

Jack gave Crutchie a look, the more he thought about it the more it didn't make sense, him and Katherine. Something was off since the start and he was just coming to terms with that.

"You know I'm right." Crutchie beamed.

Jack couldn't help but laugh at his dumb grin. "Maybe. But we'll work it out."

Crutchie let out an over dramatic groan, full on flopping down on the floor. "I was this close!" He held up his hand so Jack could see it over the coffee table. Pinching the air his pointer finger and thumb barely touching, but Jack wasn't looking.

10:35 AM
Jack: hey Dave you alright
Davey: Yes. Why?
Jack: you seemed off when you left.
Davey: Oh yeah. Just tired still.

Jack wasn't buying it. Davey needed a break and extra sleep didn't count in this case.

Jack: still want coffee...
Dave: I'll pick you up, be there in 10

Jack was beaming. He hadn't gone out for coffee in a while. Crutchie normally gets it for him.

"Who ya textin'?"

Jack jumped a mile when Crutchie was right in his ear. He shut off his phone, putting it in his pocket. "No one."

"No OnE." Crutchie mocked.

"Shuttap." Jack stood up, running a hand through his hair. He felt he needed to look decent. Would he change? Did he have time to shower again? There was an awkward silence and Jack could tell Crutchie was staring him down.

"So anyway Davids coming in 10 minutes."

"My prayers have been answered!" Crutchie was giddy. "Why's he comin'?"

"Coffee."

"Coffee?!" Crutchie was losing his mind.

"Calm down it's not even that big of a deal."

10 minutes later Jack got a text from Davey saying he was outfront of Jack's dorm. After swatting Crutchie away again he raced out the door and to Davey's car. Davey was wearing a light blue button up and some jeans. He looked incredibly nice for just getting some coffee.

"Jeez Dave it's just coffee." Jack joked, getting into the passenger side.

Davey laughed a little, shaking his head "I practically live in these things. That and turtlenecks."

Jack nodded "I live in baggie hoodies, graphic tees if I feel like it."

Davey hummed, keeping his eyes ahead as he drove. Jack looked out the window, if he kept his eyes on David any longer he would start to question things and he didn't want to go through that process right now.

"So Dave. Whatcha planning on doin' after we get out of here?" Jack was eager to strike up a conversation.

Davey shrugged "I can't do too much with my degree. Teaching would be nice."

"Was English your first choice?"

Davey sighed, "Not....exactly."

"Well what was your first choice?" Jack didn't know where he was going with this, but he was getting somewhere.