Moons

Race came over after the whole puppy fiasco. He left the dog with Spot and Albert for now, who weren't exactly happy about it. Race said he had made a compromise with the two, then Jack stopped asking questions. They did not need to dive deeper into that conversation. They did, however, dive deep into the conversation of "So we saw Davey." which Jack was not happy about. I mean it gave him an excuse to talk about Davey so he wasn't complaining.

      Jack sat perched on the counter, sketchbook open, and drawing Davey with the snake earlier. The snake was the easy part, David on the other hand, not so much. He just couldn't get him right. Something seemed off every time he tried to draw him. About an hour later, Race was still around and Jack had given up. He listened to Race ramble about Spot and Albert for a few minutes, zoned out thinking about Davey for a few more, and before he knew it it was 10 oclock and Crutchie had invited David over.

      "You what!?"
      "Oh pipe down. You know you want to see him." Crutchie wiggled his eyebrows.

      Jack groaned, leaning his head back against the cabinet behind him.

      "Calm down Mr. Loverman." Crutchie rolled his eyes. "You just gave me permission to blast Ricky Montgomery." Race took out his phone.
      "Look what you did."

      Jack leaned against the counter, listening to the very quick, very wordy conversation between Davey and Race. Both were rather sleep deprived given it was 2 in the morning on a Saturday now and both had been up since 6 the past morning. Just like Jack had said, he knew the two would get along. They had been spitting facts and rambling about space for hours on end now and it was the cutest thing Jack had ever seen. The way Davey just lit up when Race knew what he was talking about, or how he bounced when they would share a fact they both loved.

      The whole thing started when Jack pointed out the full moon, which was actually a waning gibbous at 98% according to Davey. And then Race said he thought it was 97 tonight, skip a bunch of important details and now they were talking about neutron stars.

      Crutchie gave Jack a knowing look and Jack rolled his eyes. "You're blushing again."
      "Shut up."

      Race's phone ringing interrupted the conversation. He took it out of his pocket, smiling at the caller ID
      "Sup bitch." He said as he answered.
      "Yea I'm at Jack's."
      "No."
      "His friend knows a lot about space though!"
      "Uh huh."
      "Nooo. It's only twwooo." He whined a little.
      "Nope! Sleep deprivation at its finest."
       "Fine. See ya soon." He hung up the phone. "Roommate's comin' to get me. Man they always gotta ruin the fun."

      Davey laughed a little. Jack raised an eyebrow "Who, Mars?" Race nodded.

      "They're the ones who make it fun. Remember they promised to bail us outta jail?"
       "Only the first time." Crutchie reminded him.

      Davey looked rather confused now "Sorry who?"

      "Oh Races roommate. Mars. They're pretty cool not gonna lie." Jack laughed a little.

      Race nodded cooly, texting someone "One badass bitch."

      Davey laughed again.

      "Are they gonna come in? Maybe Dave can meet 'em." Jack asked hopefully.

      Race nodded. "I think you'll like 'em." Davey smiled.

      A few minutes later a blonde waltzed into the dorm, wearing a frog hat as they do.

      "Hey Mars!" Crutchie beamed.

      "Hey Crutch."

      Jack gave them a hug as a greeting. "Missed seeing ya. Where ya been?"