Meat-ups and Mexian Food

A wall of noise, clanging plates, music, and talking, hit the trio as they entered the small restaurant. Bright orange and purplish blue walls throughout the restaurant, decorated with paintings and posters.

       "Oreo churros sound good." Jack said.

       "Slow down Cowboy. Let's focus on the tacos first." Crutchie smiled.

        Jack groaned. "Fine."

      David laughed slightly, following the two to a booth. Crutchie and Jack sat next to each other and David sat across.

       "What do you get Dave?" Jack asked David. Dave. He had never heard that nickname before, but he liked it.

      Davey shrugged "I'm not picky."

       Jack laughed "You're difficult."

      A waiter came by and took their order. Jack couldn't even start up another conversation before his phone rang.

      "Hey babe."

      Davey's mood dropped. Unless Jack was just joking around.

       "Uhhh." Jack looked up at Crutchie who shook his head.
      "Got plans with Crutch."
      "Ok."
       "Yeah."
      "Love you."
       "Bye."

       "Is she trying to come over again?" Crutchie seemed rather annoyed.

       Jack nodded. "You know she's gonna show up anyway."

      Crutchie groaned, leaning his head on the table. "I just want to watch stAR WARS without you two maKING OUT THE WHOLE TIME!"

        Ok so Jack had a girlfriend. Amazing. And by the sound of it Davey wasn't going to get anywhere near Jack as long as she's around. "Who is she, exactly?" Davey was just curious, but most of the time it got the best of him.

        "My girlfriend, Katherine."

        "She's a pain in the ass." Crutchie practically shouted. Davey had to stifle a laugh.

        Jack rolled his eyes. "Don't listen to him. She's great." he beamed, leaning against the back of the booth.

      "She's an attention whore."

        "Can we. Not. Talk about this now." Jack suggested, pinching the bridge of his nose.

      "She's the sweetest person ever really." Jack turned his attention to David. "Really pretty, smartest person I've ever met.."

      Davey zoned out. Basically everything someone could want in a partner. It amazed Davey how fast he fell for Jack. It's never happened before and in a way, it was scary. It was an unexpected trip on something as simple as a shoelace, he had tried to brace himself but ended up colliding on the ground, falling hard. And fast. All one big blur.

       "Davey!" Jack snapped in front of his face, pulling Davey out of his thoughts.

       "Hm?" Davey looked up at Jack. His eyes were beautiful. They sparkled in the dim light from the lamp that hung above the table. Perfect greenish hazel eyes, like a shiny marble. So many layers, the more you look at them the deeper they get. Like a bottomless pit of swirls of greens and browns.

       "You ok?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

      "Yeah. Yeah, just tired." That wasn't completely a lie. David had already had an essay that was due today and he was up until 3 in the morning perfecting it. But for the most part, David just hated hearing about Katherine. She really did sound perfect.