"Welcome"

4/4/1960-  England

16:28

Sunny

~

"What do you mean I'm fired?!" I was in the middle of a discussion with the boss of the store where I worked, he was supposed to have good news, but it clearly wasn't for me.

"Look George, we've gotten someone with a better record than you, and basically we've decided what's best for the business" I could tell he was serious, the man who always laughed and played jokes on all of us store workers has vanished.

"B-but, I can't do...anything?" My voice was shaking, this was the only job where I was getting a good salary. I also worked as a sort of spy for an FBI group, but I hardly ever had to investigate anything, so basically I only work when it's an emergency.

"George, I'm sorry, you're a good boy..... Actually, excuse me" My boss...No, my former boss put a hand on my left shoulder and patted me, I just pushed him away and walked out of the store, I could hear other workers I used to laugh and work with together spreading rumors or just cheering me up.

I walked out of the store and closed the door with a loud bang, part of me wanted to scream, and the other part wanted to cry, how was I going to make a living now that my only job I had a good salary with was gone?

I looked at the sky, it was sunny, there were a few clouds that sometimes covered the sun, and so I stayed looking at it for a while, until someone tapped my shoulder, it was a woman, she was with her daughter in a baby carriage.

"Sir, are you all right?" The lady looked worried but I simply gave her a smile a little weak but affectionate enough to keep her from worrying.

"No! Everything is fine, relax" I perked up and reassured her, meanwhile, her daughter who was in the baby carriage, started kicking with her little rattle she was carrying in her hand, with that, we both turned around to see the little baby.

Her mother ran over to see her and soothe her, and then I turned to them as well, put a finger on her tummy and then started massaging her little tummy. It's not that I was good at dealing with babies, but as a child I had to take care of my sister by myself, since both of my parents worked 24 hours a day, which left me in charge of a small being.

"Shhh... It's all right" The little baby looked at me, and her tears started to subside, then she started laughing and giving me little sounds and smiles.

"Wow, how did she do that? Really this little one is almost impossible to calm her down" The lady looked at me fascinated, I looked at her but without stopping massaging the little baby, since at least I had to massage her for 15 seconds until she definitely calms down and calms down, I say this from experience, if I stop now, she will cry again, it used to happen with my sister.

"You see, babies like to be cuddled, and the most delicate part for them, is the belly, so they will start to laugh, more or less you will have to caress her for about 15 seconds, then she will probably calm down and go back to sleep" And that's when I removed my finger, and the little one did not make a sound then, as I said before, the baby fell asleep quickly, and the lady who was driving the cart opened her eyes like a plate and thanked me, she told me she would do it.

"Thank you very much, would you like some tea? My house is not far from here!" The lady took the baby carriage and then looked at me waiting for an answer.

"Thank you very much, but I can't right now, maybe another day?" Honestly, right now I didn't really feel like going for tea, but I liked this woman, she seemed like a nice person, maybe we will see each other again, and if she asks me again, I will give in to have tea with her.