"Names"

5/4/1960 - England

9:34

Sunny

~

"Ouch."

...

This was the fourth time I had burned my hand trying to flip the bacon, one more and my whole hand would go to shit.

I was preparing breakfast for me and my new roommates, I'm not going to lie, we didn't even introduce ourselves, I told them to make themselves at home and told them their rooms, I went to mine and they went to theirs.

I had gotten up at 7:15, since I wanted to be punctual and get to know them better, after all they were now living with me, so when I got up I couldn't go back to sleep, I thought: Why not make friends with them? They look cool, I'll make them breakfast!

And here I was, with a plate of pancakes and trying to make a few strips of bacon, but as the oil was bubbling and bubbling, it jumped on my right hand every time I tried to flip a strip, it burned, but in the end I made it, so I might have burns on my hand, but I would have delicious strips of bacon.

Soon I could hear footsteps coming down the stairs, I could clearly hear that only one person was coming, and I prayed that it wasn't the dirty blond, literally that man was scary and spoke coldly, on the other hand, the other one with black hair gave me a good vibe.

I turned to see that behind me, the man with blond hair was leaning on the door frame, looking at me, but I simply could not analyze his face, this man did not put any expression, so it would be difficult to get along with him.

"Hey! I'm just finishing making breakfast" I turned around so I could put some bacon strips that were done to a small plate that was almost full.

"What's your name?" that was the only time I could hear his voice was calm and relaxed, but it still had his serious tone in it, but it was less so than yesterday.

"George, my name is George, and yours?" I turned around once more to set the plate of bacon on top of the bench but turned around again so I could turn off the stove.

"Clay, and the one on top is named Nick" I could see as the man took a seat on one of the stools in front of the bench.

"They're both very nice names!" I stood on my tiptoes to pick up three plates, it took a little while because he was quite short, and because the plates were at a height where I could barely reach.

"Do you need help?" I could see Clay get up and stand next to me and pick up the three plates I had been trying to pick up.

"I could have done it without your help" I picked up the plates and put them on the table, all I could hear was a laugh from Clay, and as he sat back down in the seat where he had previously sat.

I was picking up the silverware when we heard other footsteps coming from the stairs, so I thought it was the other guy whose name was Nick.

I put the silverware on the bench and watched as a sleepy Nick came into the kitchen and analyzed Clay and me.

"How can you guys get up so early...?" He rubbed his eyes and sat to Clay's right, so I sat to his left.

"It's not that we wake up early it's that you wake up late" Clay this time sounded serious and started grabbing some bacon strips, and a pancake.