Chapter 6

When Harry got back to his room, still a bit lightheaded from everything Louis, Niall politely ignored the line of fresh bruises obnoxiously decorating Harry's neck, but he couldn't help himself from commenting on Harry's sudden lack of shirt. And of course, demanding Harry to "Keep that boner far away from me, mister horny".

Harry can't even act casual about it and he ends up just shrugging helplessly with his plush lips parting in a huge grin, spilling every detail to Niall who is swallowing up every piece of detail Harry tells him.

***

When Niall and Harry wake up, it's around noon, and Louis is seemingly long gone, as Liam is placed in front of the television with a bowl of cereal, alone. They end up joining him and eat in silence before Niall heads home, planning to finish a long overdue assignment, since they have school tomorrow

Harry has several assignments, he should get started on as well, but his head is nowhere near school related subjects, so he gives up without even trying, instead having a lazy day with Liam.

They eat a bit late, as Harry's mom, Anne, is home around eight and Liam's dad about thirty minutes later, making it their first family meal the entire weekend.

When they ask if Liam and Harry had a good weekend, Liam luckily takes over the conversation, leaving Harry to blush in peace with images of Louis floating through his mind, and he excuses himself from the table as quickly as possible under the cover of having some unfinished homework for tomorrow. He can live with the small lecture about responsibility and procrastinating his homework for Sunday evening, as long as he gets to leave shortly after.

He intends on going to bed early, he really does, but minutes of thinking about Louis turns to hours, and suddenly he's years deep in the older boy's Instagram, even though he has seen all of the photos at least twice. He shortly considers texting Louis, but that's when he decides it's time to go to sleep before he messes up whatever is going on between the two of them with a stupid late night message.

***

Monday morning Liam drives them to school after breakfast as usual, and Harry honestly can't wait to see Louis again - it has been more than 24 hours after all.

He's also been through roughly two hundred different scenarios of Louis dragging him into a closet, an empty classroom or even an abandoned hall, just to kiss him, and that really can't be healthy in the long run, so seeing the other boy is probably better.

In reality, all Harry gets is a side-eyed glance from Louis, when he comes by Liam's locker, so the two of them can walk together to class, leaving Harry more than a bit disappointed. He doesn't even have class with Niall or Zayn to make up for it. But he's not really sure what he expected from Louis anyway - maybe he just needs to flirt a bit more with the other boy. Discretely of course, as neither of them have an interest in Liam finding out. It's an unwritten rule to not hook up with your sibling's friends after all.

After fighting his way through an immensely boring math class and an even less thrilling history class, he finally gets to see Niall and Zayn for English, and of course, the first thing Niall does is pull down the neck of Harry's shirt, exposing the still prominent love bites from Saturday evening, which leads to an intense session of grilling questions from Zayn, who isn't happy with not knowing this the second it happened.

Indignantly, he tries to convince Harry it's a horrible idea, while trying to be at least a bit supportive which is, to say the least, an odd combo. "I mean, good job on getting him finally, but he obviously doesn't want a relationship and you know, you're going to get attached and hurt!"

And no matter how many times Harry tries to tell Zayn that he doesn't want a relationship either, Zayn just raises a disbelieving eyebrow and scoffs, as if the thought is completely outrageous.

Niall is just determined that his wingman skills will end up in Harry and Louis dating, so he's quite content with the current situation in spite of Zayn's reservations. Harry himself is sure he'll manage whatever the situation with Louis is - he just enjoys their make-out sessions and weird flirting/fighting for now. Hopefully, there will be plenty more of those things. Preferably something else too, but Harry is completely fine with unreciprocated flirting and the highly reciprocated kissing.

After lunch, Harry has a free period, and decides to spend it outside, as the weather is splendid despite it almost being October. And it's purely coincidental that he ends up on the stands next to the football pitch where the school's team will be practicing in a minute. And absolutely coincidental that Louis happens to be on that team.

Harry has placed himself in the middle of the stands, right next to the entrance to the home team's locker rooms. He's hoping to catch a close-up look of Louis in his football gear, because Harry knows how good the older boy looks in it from the many games he has watched with Liam. To be honest though, Harry doesn't even like watching football. That's not the reason he lets Liam coax him into watching practically every one of the football games.

But luck is in his favor today, and just as he looks down to the open textbook in his laps, the first footballers make their way onto the field. Harry determinedly glues his eyes to the textbook, even though he isn't reading as much as a word, but he doesn't want to seem like he's stalking Louis or something. Even though he kind of is, but that's beside the point.

Apparently, it doesn't work either, as Louis' playful voice interrupts him only a second later. "What, are you stalking me now, Harold?"

He's looking even smaller than normal, as the stands where Harry is sitting are at least five feet above ground, but that does not make Louis look any less confident.

But two can play that game, and Harry casually replies, "Of course not. I'm just enjoying the nice weather. Why? Am I distracting you or something?"

As expected, that comment results in an eyeroll and a scoff. "As if you could distract me, Harold."

And with that he struts away from Harry, hips rolling in a very distracting way, promising Harry will not get much work done while the team train.

They do some different - and highly uninteresting - small exercises before starting a training game, Louis of course scoring within the first half of the game, throwing Harry a smug look as he does - probably his way of saying "Told you, I wouldn't get distracted, bitch". At least that's how Harry interprets it.

With only a couple minutes of practice left, still no homework done, Louis is running up the field with the ball rolling elegantly from feet to feet, coincidentally very close to where Harry is still sitting on the stands.

Louis throws one smirking look in Harry's direction, only looking away from the ball in less than a second, probably in the hopes of annoying the younger boy. But that's enough, and when he returns his smug look to his feet, a player from the opposing team slides in front of Louis with a perfect tackle, sending him flying down the grass, almost face first, only diverting the fall last second with desperate hand movements.

Harry tries not to laugh, he really does, but on the other hand it just seems like instant karma, as Louis was mocking Harry only a second ago.

He is however glad, the other boy is not hurt, just dirty and perhaps a bit emotionally bruised. And as the coach blows off the game, boys leaving the field, Harry can't help himself from throwing Louis a smug smile from the bleachers as he says, "Thought I didn't distract you, Lou!".

In return he receives Louis' middle finger and a scowl, but Harry can still see the faint blush on the older boy's cheeks, and that's enough for him to know that he actually does affect Louis too.

And if this - small flirting glances and teasing comments - is all that he gets from now on, he is absolutely fine with that. Even though Harry wouldn't mind being shoved against a door while making out with Louis again sometime. And he can think of a lot more things he wants to do with the older boy as well. But this is fine too. At least Louis isn't ignoring him.

A/N Hey sorry, I know this is just kind of a filler chapter, but it's necessary for the story.

Also, a big thanks to @998477219a for your many comments, love!