Chapter 9

A/N Yay, let's go double update because I am on break!

About half an hour after Harry wakes alone, his mom calls from downstairs, asking him to eat breakfast with the rest of them, and he reluctantly rolls out of bed, a bit sore from the activities of yesterday - his throat feels a bit raspy as well, but it's most definitely worth it. Besides, it doesn't hurt that much, and Harry kind of likes the reminder of Louis inside him.

He slept naked, neither him nor Louis bothering to put on close before falling asleep, and his sweats and T-shirt are thrown randomly across his room, but there's no trace of Louis' belongings since he probably dressed before leaving Harry's room. Running naked from your friend's brother's room is after all often criticized.

He rummages through his drawers fast, looking for something to wear, and settles on another pair of sweats with no boxers underneath - it's Sunday and he's lazy, alright - and a T-shirt.

When he's about to leave his room, he changes his mind and throws on a hoodie, as the mirror displays several prominent love bites on his neck and collarbones. Those could be hard to explain, but he can't help himself from trailing them with a smile on his face before heading out of his room.

On his way downstairs, he runs into Liam leaving his room, closely followed by Louis. Liam mumbles a tired 'morning', but Louis stands still, letting Harry go down the stairs in front of him. However, he can feel the older boy moving just behind him, and almost sighs with content when Louis' hand slides over the small of his back for just a second. It's good to know Louis isn't ignoring him. That would probably hurt too much to get over anytime soon.

The hand is gone almost as soon as it came, but Harry can still feel the warmth when he sits at his usual spot at the table, Louis sitting on his right and Liam at the end while their parents sit across from them.

The usual courtesy of asking how everyone slept ensues, but when Harry answers, his voice comes out surprisingly raspy and hoarse. He coughs harshly, but it doesn't get any better, not even when he gulps an entire glass of water, and with flaming cheeks he realizes why.

Apparently, Louis very well knows too, and his self-indulgent smirk makes it even more worth it.

Liam, however, seems determined to make the situation awkward with his oblivious mind, as he hands Harry a cup of tea with the words, "You sound like you're coming down with a cold or something, Harry".

Besides him, Louis almost chokes on a piece of bread as Harry nods feverishly while clearing his throat. "Um yeah... Probably..."

The matter could have ended there, but Anne suddenly decides to mother-hen him, finding the coughing syrup and forcing Harry to take some, all the while Louis is staring at the table, clearly trying not to burst out laughing while his flushed cheeks project some sort of decency within the older boy.

When everyone has finally moved on from the subject, Liam now talking about something from school, Louis sneaks his hand onto Harry's thigh, squeezing it for a second and letting go before it starts looking suspicious, Harry already having a hard time not smiling widely.

Besides, it kind of lightens his disappointment of waking up alone, because he knows it's not Louis ignoring him, it's just because they agreed on Liam not knowing, and Louis was supposed to sleep in Liam's room after all.

Distracted by Louis he doesn't notice Liam addressing him, before his brother coughs awkwardly to catch his attention, repeating himself with slightly red cheeks and his eyes focused on the plate in front of him. "So, I um didn't know Zayn and Gigi were together". The casual tone is far too strained to be authentic, and Harry knows why, but stops himself from smiling when he answers. "Well, they're not really together." He doesn't add the unsaid 'yet' as he can see Liam's eyes lighten a bit from the response, so he can't really bring himself to ruin it.