Chapter 11

A/N To the few people commenting on this, you have commented more than 200 times. A girl has gotta be impressed!

Special shoutout to @irishpotatoesthebest - your comments make me cackle.

Louis did text Harry when he got home safe. And it's possible that Harry showed it to Niall at the party with something resembling heart-eyes, as the two of them giggled stupidly, Harry barely tipsy and Niall quite drunk.

And it's possible that Harry decided to let the butterflies live for a little while longer. He might even have fallen asleep hours later, clutching the phone in his hand while staring at the screen till his eyes fell shut. But no one has to know that.

The rest of the weekend is spent with his family, as both Anne and George for once are home, and sure, it's fun, but Harry can't help from starring at his lock screen every other second, hoping the empty dashboard will display a message from Louis.

It becomes so obvious that first Liam, then his mum and George, start teasing him about the obsession over the 'hot-stuff-boyfriend-material', as they insist on referring to the unidentified person as.

Harry is very well aware that his attempt at dismissing it by saying he's just texting Zayn is not the slightest bit convincing, but at least Liam backs off a bit at the mention of the other boy, probably aware that his crush is not very subtle. Then it's just their parents teasing him through the weekend, his mum constantly trying to squeeze information out of Harry. To no avail, of course.

Having made it through the weekend of family-group-bullying - against all odds, may he add - the first class on Monday seems awfully quiet and long. So long!

And of course, Harry ends up doodling stupid stick figures of him and Louis holding hands, writing their names together, trying to decide what sounds best. Louis Styles? Harry Tomlinson?

With his distracted mind, the text ticking into his phone seems almost godsend - and not only because he has been waiting all weekend for Louis to text him. Well, that too.

From Louis: Wanna ditch class with me?

Harry already knows, he is going to say yes, but he might as well tease the older boy a bit, loving how feisty it can get him, so he plays innocent.

To Louis: Why? What would we do?

From Louis: Braid each other's hair and skip around town holding hands.
From Louis: What the fuck do you think we'd do, Harold?!

In reality, Louis gives Harry an intricate guide to where his car is parked, and calls him an absolute idiot the second he steps into the waiting car - because he apparently is horrible at following directions - before they take off, Harry having no idea where they're headed.

Music fills the car, Harry humming along while Louis' eyes are trained on the road ahead. They left their town about ten minutes ago, now surrounded by fields and scattered trees, yet Louis seems a bit tense, and he hasn't said much since they left the school.

It's not like he's ignoring Harry - he has answered every question the younger boy asked, but as short as possible, barely looking away from the road and knuckles white around the steering wheel. Harry is blabbering nonsensically, in the hopes of lifting Louis' mood, not quite content with his tense demeanor. When that doesn't work, he decides to a more hands on procedure.

"So, why did you wanna skip school. Apart from having sex with me of course". His tone is light and teasing, deciding that's the best way to go about this, but Louis just shrugs before replying almost inaudibly.