flora's pov part i

Flora

Part 1

Don't ask me to explain why I live alone and don't throw a party every weekend. Seriously, don't.

Yes, I live in a large, seemingly empty house. But not alone. I live with my twin brother Harry. And yes, we've thrown plenty of parties. We both have friends, honestly too many to count. I'm fifteen (obviously we both are), so living without our parents was difficult, but not terrible. We were placed in the care of our uncle who hasn't had the decency to come check on us in 2 months. I didn't mind though.

I woke up at 7:00 to a loud alarm in my ear. I groaned upon hearing the sound. I didn't want to get up for school, but Holli, one of my best friends, and her older brother Dean are picking me up. Holli insisted on spending every second of the day with me and our other best friend, before Homecoming tonight. Holli claimed we were all going together even though she got asked by eight guys and basically said yes to all of them.

Although a total flirt, Holli is about as loyal as a teenager can get today, and I love her to death. I admit that there are times where I haven't been there for her and we do fight, but we're best friends. Everyone has their moments.

Another important thing to add, Holli's real name isn't said name. It's actually Hollis Dark. Naturally, she hates it.

I got out of my bed and put on a pair of black leggings and matched it with a black athletic top. I never liked dressing too flashy, so wearing an outfit like this was my best option. I put on some light makeup and then I put my ombre colored hair into two french braids. I put on my light blue jacket, grabbed my backpack hanging off the back of my desk chair, and slid my shoes on right as Holli and Dean started beeping the horn.

"Coming!" I shouted from the door.

"Hey girl!" Holli yelled back.

"What's up Holland?"

"Are you ready for Homecoming tonight?"

"Oh yeah, definitely. You know me, the life of the party." I said as I climbed into the jeep.

"Are you ready to look glamorous in front of Sam tonight," she said suggestively.

'Yeah right," I rolled my eyes.

"Who's Sam?" Dean asked casually looking into the rearview mirror. Dean was like a brother to me, and I didn't mind when he took part in our conversations.

"Sam Reyes," Holli answered with pride. "Flora just won't accept it that she is utterly infatuated with him."

---

Before going to our lockers we began our search for Jelli, our other best friend. Jelli is the epitome of a free spirit, hence the crazy name she gave herself when she was six. Her real name, being Angelica, was too difficult for six year old Angelica to pronounce. The name just kind of stuck.

While I was walking I passed Harry and his group of jock friends just being stupid, and Harry was laughing at something that probably wasn't funny. I frankly don't understand high school boys.

We finally found Jelli in an empty classroom with airpods in her ears swaying to the music that must've been playing on her phone. When she stopped dancing she immediately turned to us and took her earbuds out.

"Hi!" She exclaimed and wrapped her arms around us in a gigantic hug.

"Hey Jel," Holli laughed. Jelli let go of us and looked at my troubled facial expression.

"Flora, what's wrong?" Jelli questioned.

"It's nothing. Let's go, we've got to get to class!"

We climbed two flights of stairs and walked down another hallway to reach our history class. We immediately took our seats near our friends Reverie Griffin and Devona David.