the 16 year olds

Chase's POV

"So when are you going to tell me why we are really here?" I asked Arwen.

"Um, I don't know what you're talking about." I gave her a I-don't-believe-that-for-a-second look.

"Fine. There's a phone here. I have reason to believe we can contact the others."

"Oh my god that's great!"

"Yeah well, the phone is broken and the longer we stay the worse this situation gets. Which is why when I can get Arrow and Ryder focused they are going to help me. Believe me, if I could figure it out myself, we wouldn't be stuck here with those idiots."

"You know I would help," I said. "But I don't do mechanics."

"Yeah, I know." She sounded disappointed because this was a hopeless case.

"Well maybe I can do something else, you know, to help us get out of here. Why not Kam, Hannely, Miles and I will go hiking and we'll camp out to see if we can find anything important."

"Alright, that's not a terrible idea." She answered. "I'll see you soon, I guess?"

"Bye Ar, good luck!" I started to run downstairs before I turned around. "I need a bag, and a lot of stuff for camping. Where can I find that?"

"Oh, you're room is all the way at the end of the hall and all the camping supplies should be in the basement."

"Cool thanks!" Then I ran off again.

Miles' POV

A little while after we got inside, Chase told me that we were going camping with Hanna and Kam. The both of us went to our rooms, collected some clothes and finally went to the basement to collect some supplies.

Oddly, the basement was not under the house, but next to it. It was more of a shed to be honest; a very scary shed. The paint was chipped, leaves were blowing and it was practically in the woods, making it very dark. It wasn't as modern as the house.

Chase and I pried open the doors and began our search for camping supplies. I couldn't believe Arwen went in here by herself earlier, even I was scared to be in here with Chase.

As we walked in I could feel the breeze continue to pick up and it was already dark outside. It felt kind of awkward for a while because we were just searching for camping supplies. Chase finally started talking.

"So, you and Arwen."

"What makes you say that?" He was right, of course.

"You talk out loud. A lot." Oh no, I guess when I was thinking about Arwen earlier I accidentally said some stuff out loud.

"Please don't tell her, really!"

"I won't, I promise."

"I thought you too... you know." I awkwardly added.

"Definitely not. We're just friends and to be honest I don't even like anyone at the moment."

"Are you sure it's not someone here?" A voice from behind us surprised us. "It must be me then." It was Kamara standing by the door in a new pair of sunglasses with her dress still on and heels in hand.

"Yeah, yeah I've got a crush on you Kam. You've got me guys!"

"I'm just joking with you boys."

"Anyway, I'm gonna go get ready. We're going glamping right?"

"Camping, Kam! I'm pretty sure it's camping."

---

as some of you may know from a post on my other story the grey chronicles you would know it's my birthday tomorrow so i'm just updating all my online stuff before i drop off the grid for a little bit

anyway, sorry this was short but again read the other story for more info because i don't feel like typing it twice!

-gemini