Chapter Three

I finally finished school and was looking forward to the summer. I had so many things planned for the next two months like going to Hawaii with my family and camping with my dad like we do every year. I quite enjoy school as I love all my friends and I love learning, but I'm looking forward to just relaxing. "See you at the party Autumn," my friend, Natasha shouted.

"Yeah, see you tonight," I replied. Every year my family host a first day of summer party and it's always the biggest party of the year. This year my mum is trying to outdo herself and knowing her she'll probably be able to. My mum was the biggest party planner in the state and was known all of over the country and then you had my dad who was a top manager at the local bank. They balanced each other and are the cutest couple ever.

It didn't take me long to walk home and I liked the walk as it gave me a chance to come up with new story ideas and listen to my music. Usually, I go straight to karate practice after school on a Friday, but it was cancelled so people can fully celebrate the first day of summer. I'm a black belt in karate, and I've been doing it since I was three. I've also been doing gymnastics since I was four which I'm really good at. My dad wanted me to take some self-defence classes, so I'd know how to defend myself and I fell in love with it. The gymnastic class was next to my karate class and I was fascinated with it, so my mum signed me up.

"Mum?" I shouted as I stepped into my house.

"Out the back love," my mum replied. My family's quite well off, so we had a decent size house and a huge garden that's perfect for a big party. My house was very modern and, in my opinion, looked amazing. I went out to the garden and it looked amazing. My mum defiantly out did herself. The colour scheme is sunset. There were balloons everywhere and golden streamers hanging from the balcony. I'm so excited. "Hey love, how was school?" My mum asked as she climbed down the ladder from putting up the last streamer.

"It was really good; Zoe has dyed her hair lilac for summer, and it looks so good on her."

"Why don't you dye your hair for summer?" My mum said as she went into the kitchen and pulled out dark blue hair dye from her bag.

"Oh my god really?" I screamed with joy.

"You've been wanting to cut and dye your hair for years so seeing as you did so well on your exams, we've decided to treat you."

I ran up and hugged my mum tightly, "thank you so much. I love you."

"I love you to sweetie. Let me go put Tommy to bed then we'll get started and you can reveal it at the party." Tommy's my two-year-old brother, he's adorabubble. Mum put Tommy to bed then started on my hair.

Two hours later it was finally party time. I was wearing a white, flowing summer dress and brushed my new hair. It was cut short just above my shoulders and now dark blue. I was so excited. Everyone was already here. I came out to the garden and went straight to grab a virgin cocktail and a burger that my dad cooked on the barbecue. My dad was on cooking duty and my mum's in charge of drinks. I found my friends stood by the pool. "You're hair looks amazing," one of my friends said.

"You look beautiful," I turned around and saw it was Jay. Jay was my boyfriend of two years. He has blonde, fluffy hair and gorgeous, brown eyes. He's kind, sweet and always makes me laugh.

"And you look very handsome," I replied.

"Care to dance?"

"Of course." I took Jay's hand and went to the dance floor. I've known Jay for practically my entire life, we met in karate class. Our favourite song came on and we danced away.