Chapter Nine

"Come on you can do this," Jay encouraged. Me and Jay were sat in my back garden under a huge oak tree that we used to climb as kids. There was a massive storm going on and was getting worse and worse just like in the real world. The thunder sounded like a giants hungry stomach. We were practising my magic. My powers were telechensis, fire manipulation and force fields. I was trying to improve my telechensis, but it wasn't going very well, I could only lift light objects. I was good at the other two, but my strongest point has always been fire manipulation. Jay had the power of teleportation. "I'm trying," I huffed as I used all my strength to try to lift a bolder but could only lift a few centimetres.

"At least you managed to lift it this time," Jay laughed.

"Can we have a break please?"

"Only if you can produce a fire ball."

"Fine." I was about to produce a fire ball when I came up with a better idea. I decided to annoying. I lit Jay's butt on fire and watched as he jumped in shock. He ran in circles trying to put the fire out. I just stood there laughing my head off to the point I had stitches. I waved my hand and put the fire out. "Ha ha very funny," Jay said pretending to be annoyed but then preceded to chase me round the garden. I was a lot faster than him, so he decided to cheat and use his powers and teleport in front of me. He tackled me to the ground and started tickling me. I tried to push him off, but he was tickling me so much I couldn't breathe. He stopped but kept me down. He looked into eyes and leaned in towards me. He was moments away from kissing me when I took the opportunity to push him over, flip him over and start tickling him to see how he likes it. I got off him and we sat there leaning against the tree trunk. It was starting to hail.

"Looks like the storm is about to be right on top of us so we should head inside." Jay said as he got up. I was about to get up when a lightning bolt struck the tree. The tree went up in a blaze. A branch broke and started to fall towards us. It was about to hit us when Jay grabbed my arm and teleported us into the house. I hate teleportation, it makes me want to hurl. "That was too close," Jay laughed.

"Thank you but I'd rather face the tree than teleport again," I joked.

"At least we're safe."

"Agreed. Mum? Dad? The oak tree's destroyed." I went into the kitchen but neither of my parents were there. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any of them all day. It's Saturday so they wouldn't be at work. I ran around the house trying to find them. I was starting to panic. My biggest fear is losing my family.

"They must've gone out," Jay stated trying to reassure me.

"They would've left a note." I was starting to panic. Where were they? I couldn't breathe. "Autumn calm down they're fine and safe." I was panicking even more now. A wind around me appeared as I screamed in fear and anger. I screamed and cried at the top of my lungs. They can't be gone. A wall of fire surrounded me. The storm got extremely bad and the lightning was striking every two seconds. "Autumn!" Jay screamed but I was too focused on my rage. "Autumn they're safe. Trust me." I screamed and a surge of my power released and the world around me started to break. Jay tried teleporting to me but couldn't get enough focus on me. The house crumbled away. The rain was icy cold, but my fire was too big and powerful for the rain to put it out. With one last scream of terror, my wall of fire exploded and headed in every direction and destroyed everything in its path. "Autumn!"