Floor Four

"Four more floors of complete terror before the dream gem." Luka stated.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, we're fine I guess," Raven said out of breath.

"I think I can add drowning to my list of fears," Luka nervously laughed. This is torture and I don't know much more of this I can take. These are my fears and the devil has put them in place to stop me and frankly I think it's working. We only just about survived floor three and these fears are only just gonna get worse. I'm scared of a lot of things and most of those could easily kill us. This devil clearly likes to play with his food before eating.

Once again, the lifted halted and the power drained away. I just want this to be over. My chest felt tight and I was struggling to breathe. "Autumn? You okay?"

"Yeah, just slightly panicking." I said clutching my chest as I tried to steady my breathing.

"Hey things will be okay. We're here for you," Luka said reassuring. He came over and rubbed my back and got me to try to breathe slowly. "I used to get anxiety attacks and my mum always told me to focus on clicking my fingers so I want you to do the same, got it?" Luka said and I did what he said and started to click my fingers on focus on nothing but that and it really helped.

"You have anxiety?" I asked.

"Yeah, used to get it really bad but with the help of my mum doesn't really affect me much. Anyways, time for the level four."

"What's worse than drowning?" Aiden asked.

"Many things!" Raven shouted.

"Like what?"

"Falling to our death!" Raven screamed as she pointed to the floor. I looked down and noticed bits of the floor were falling away revealing a very big drop. I had no reason behind hating heights, they just really freak me out. "Everyone grab the bars!" I ordered. We all grabbed the handlebars that were attached to the lift walls. They were too close to the wall to allow us to sit on. The floor was chipping away from the centre out. "I've never been scared of heights," Aiden stated.

"You're scared of spiders but not heights?" Raven said agitated.

"Wait, are you scared of heights?" Aiden asked.

"Yes! I'm terrified of heights."

"Oh my god. Badass Raven is actually scared of something. Well, I'm shocked."

"I'm only human Aiden and definitely not badass." The floor was chipping away faster and faster. Soon enough we'll be clinging to these bars for dear life. "Time to relax please Autumn," Raven asked nervously. I could tell how scared she was, she was shaking and gripping the bar extremely tight, any tighter then I think it might snap. I tried thinking of that memory again but for some reason I couldn't remember I single detail. "I can't remember it." I stated.

"What?" They all said in unison.

"It's like it's just gone from my mind." They all looked at me as if I was mental. I was doing everything I could to think of a single detail but couldn't. What's going on? My mind's gone completely blank. The floor's mostly gone now. We're all pressed up against the wall. Raven was facing the worst of it. The floor underneath was almost completely gone. She was on her tiptoes. "Please hurry Autu..." Without warning the floor beneath Raven dropped and she fell.

"Raven!" We screamed. Luckily, Raven managed to keep a hold of the bar. She's screaming for her life.

"Hold on Raven. I'll come get you." Aiden said.

"I'm trying!"

"Aiden be careful." Luka stated, "and Autumn focus on a happy memory." Aiden was shifting along the wall, doing her best to stay on the tiny bit of floor that was remaining. Aiden got as close as she could and reached out to try to grab Raven's hand.

"I can't get close enough. Raven you're going to have to trust me and jump." Aiden shouted.

"You're having a laugh."

"I'll catch you I promise. I promise I won't let you die."

"For god's sake!" Raven used all of her strength and swung back and forth. She let go of the bar and reached for Aiden's hand.

All of a sudden, the lights flickered on then off and the power returned. The floor was back and Raven was in Aiden's arms. "Did you manage to think of your memory?" Luka asked.

"No."

"Then... then what happened?" Raven asked as she tried to slow down her breathing and stood up.

"I don't know. I guess because I was so focused and worried about Raven I completely forgot about my fear of heights."