Chapter Five

Tonight's my date night with Jay. I'm not the type to get all dressed up and much prefer wearing comfy clothes but tonight was a special occasion so I put a little extra effort into my outfit: I was wearing black, skinny jeans and a white crop top. We're going out to a little Italian restaurant not too far from my house to celebrate the beginning of summer.

I had just arrived at the restaurant. Jay was already sat at the table, I went over and sat down. It was a cute, little restaurant that was the hidden gem of our city. The outside was covered in vines and roses. The flooring was grey marble, and the walls were made from cobblestone. Each of the tables had white cloth covering them and a set of three lit candles. "Good evening little one," Jay said as he handed me a bunch of yellow roses, my nan used to give me yellow flowers every year for my birthday before she died so now Jay only gives me yellow roses.

"Hi hi."

"Had a good day?" Jay asked as he handed me a menu.

"Nope. Aiden was being a douche and as always, my uncle was being an even bigger douche. The weirdest thing happened, I woke up and my hair looked exactly like it does in my dream world."

"You need to fight back against them because if you don't then they're just going to keep bullying you," Jay said completely ignoring the comment about my hair.

"You know I can't. I'm not strong or brave enough."

"Autumn..." I could sense the anger in Jay's tone. He's been trying to get me to fight back against my them for years, but I can't. If I fight back against my uncle, he'll hurt me and there's no chance of stopping Aiden, once a mouthy moron always a mouthy moron. Aiden will never change and will certainly never stop bullying me. "I just wish you were real; you would make my life a whole much better."

"I wish I was as well, but you know that shouldn't happen. Now come on let's enjoy our evening," Jay stated as he took my hand, and the waiter came over.

"You're right. I'll have the spaghetti Bolognese and a cola please." Jay ordered a ham and mushroom pizza with a lemonade. It didn't take long for our food to arrive. We enjoyed our food and had an amazing evening, chatting the night away and enjoyed each other's company.