Get Ready For A Date

Kai POV:

Mira and I waited for Adam out on the front steps of the school. We planned on going to the Holy Donuts for a snack and then hang out at my house for a bit. We also planned to head out once school ended but we haven't seen Adam yet.

So we waited. I suggested to Mira that we should just go to Holy Donuts and text Adam when we got there but she said that we should wait here until we found Adam so it wouldn't seem like we ditched him. I agreed with that, it would be pretty rude, but I'm hungry and want some donuts.

"Where do you think he's at?" I asked Mira again. She checked her phone again, looking for texts from Adam, but then just shook her head and replied, "I don't know, he hasn't texted me." I slumped against the steps in defeat and checked the time on my phone to see how long we've been waiting.

11 minutes. Not long but time we could've spent eating donuts. I sighed and then put my phone back in my pocket. "Adam, where are you?" I groaned as I laid my head down on the steps behind me.

"I'm right here." I jolted up from the steps and turned around with Mira to face Adam. Him, Olive and Reese were standing on the top steps behind Mira and me, staring at us with flushed faces. Must have run here. Mira looked between them too, her eyebrows all scrunched together. But after a couple seconds she grinned really big at them and asked cheerily, "Ready to go to Holy Donuts?"

Olive glanced at Adam, kind of like he was asking for permission, but once Adam nodded to him he smiled back and replied, "Yep!"Reese nodded excitedly to show her support and then skipped down the steps to the bottom. Mira nodded to me, we sure are doing a lot of nodding, and then she and I both stood up from the steps. Once I got up I had to rub my butt a little since it was so sore from sitting.

Mira and Adam both giggled when they saw me do this but I just glared at them and stretched a bit to get the rest of the soreness out. Once I stretched and me and Mira got our backpacks on and grabbed our trapper keepers, we headed off to Holy Donuts.

Time-skip (12 minutes):

We finally got to Holy Donuts, which had a surprisingly low amount of people at it today. Probably just a little over a dozen. I looked around for a good table for us to sit at; there was one near the window that looked good so I pointed it out to Mira.

"I'll go save that table for us," I told her. She nodded and asked me what donut they should get me; I told her my usual (vanilla donut with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles). She nodded and I walked over to the table to save it.

Once I got to it, I set my backpack down next to the chair I wanted to sit in and plopped down and then set my trapper keeper between my feet. With nothing to do, I glanced inside at the shop at the counter. Mira, Olive, Adam and Reese were all ordering the donuts and, upon closer inspection, Olive had one of his hands resting on Adam's left hip, very low on his hip.

They're definitely dating. While we were waiting I asked Mira if Adam and Olive were dating, since I didn't really know and she said she didn't know either. Now I know. I smirked a little as I thought of how embarrassed Adam would get if I asked him. It wasn't to be mean, I just like embarrassing him.

After I finished thinking about embarrassing Adam I sunk back into my seat and waited for everyone else to get out here with the donuts. Luckily I only had to wait a couple minutes and then Mira, Olive, Adam and Reese walked out of the building with a small box of donuts in Adam's hands.

I sat up a bit straighter and waited to grab my donut as Adam, Olive, Mira and Reese sat down. Adam sat the box down next to me and then sat down next to me with Olive right next to him, his hand still on his hip. Mira sat down on my other side and Reese sat down in the last seat in between Mira and Olive.