Hickeys, The Hollow, And Hershey Kisses

Olive POV:

I ran my finger over Adam's collarbone and stopped when I got to the hickey I gave him. It looks so... I don't know, weird? Like, I expected it to look different, maybe darker or something like that. Maybe that's just how hickeys look. I ran my thumb over it and pressed down on it but I stopped when Adam whimpered.

He wouldn't look at me and his whole neck and face looked flushed. A smile spread across my face and I snuggled against him so I could rest my head against his chest. Adam shifted his arm so it's under me and wrapped his arms around me gently.

"Hmm." I nudged my face against his shoulder and breathed in the smell of his deodorant. It's Old Spice and smells nice and husky. I wonder if he minds my deodorant smell. Mine's an off-brand one that smells like rain; I saw it when I first started wearing deodorant and thought it smelled really nice.

Adam rested his face against my hair and gave me a small kiss on the head. It made me smile against his shoulder even though it was just a little kiss. After a few minutes of silence, Adam mumbled into my hair, "You smell nice."

"Thanks." I closed my eyes and sunk against Adam; he felt so warm and soft that I could have stayed like this forever. Adam seemed to enjoy the cuddling too, sighing against my hair and rubbing circles on my back with his thumb. I closed my eyes and focused on Adam rubbing his thumb on my back; it felt nice and comforting, kind of like a tiny massage. Ooh, maybe later today I could convince Adam to give me a back massage; that would be fun.

Maybe I could get him to massage my feet too. They've been hurting from dancing and a massage might help them feel better but I just got too embarrassed to ask anyone. I bet Adam would do it if I gave him a massage too.

I'll ask him later. Everything's so peaceful now that I don't want to upset it, so I just listen to Adam's breathing. It's slow and calm even though his heart's racing like crazy. I can't believe he still gets nervous around me even though we're so close. Well, I guess I'm not one to talk since I feel like melting into a puddle every time he kisses me or runs his hand over my back and stuff like that.

I guess neither of us is used to this yet. It's kind of funny that neither of us can handle kissing the other one or little stuff like that but when we were little we used to take baths together. We're both really naive about this but it's kind of fun.

"What are you smiling about?" Adam snapped me out of my daydreams and I tilted my head up so I could look at him. Our noses are nearly touching and I can feel Adam's breath against my face.

My words get caught in my throat and I forget what I was going to say. Adam's messy hair and easy grin make my brain short circuit and the only thing I can focus on is his face. Say something you moron. I wet my lips and stare at Adam's eyes in an attempt to remember what I was going to say.

"I, uh.. was just thinking about going to the library later." My voice comes out breathy and I have to look away from Adam's eyes to avoid getting lost in them. Adam runs his hand up my back, making my whole back feel warm and tingly, and then gently asks, "Is that all or are you hiding something?"

"No, I just got lost in thought." I don't know why I feel like I have to lie to him about wanting a massage, it just feels embarrassing to admit to spending that much time daydreaming about a massage. Adam's easy grin got a little bigger, brightening up his whole face and crinkling the edges of his eyes.

It almost makes my breath rush out of me and I bite my lip to keep Adam from noticing the little sigh I made. He didn't seem to notice but seemed more interested in my lips; his eyes flicked down to them for a moment then flicked back up to my eyes.