Time For Our Date

(Up there is the sweater Olive and Adam talk about later). 

Olive POV:

I squeezed Adam's hand a little tighter as he and I walked to the coffee shop where we're supposed to have our date today. School just got out ten minutes ago and Adam spent most of that time saying goodbye to Mira and Kai who kept haggling him about something. They were probably just teasing him about us going on a date or something like this.

Once Adam finished saying goodbye to them, he walked up to me and grabbed my hand, and started to lead me to the coffee shop. When Adam grabbed my hand I started feeling all giddy and smiled like an idiot. When Adam saw me smiling, he started smiling too and when we were walking down the sidewalk some people gave us some weird looks.

But back to the date. The coffee shop is still maybe five or six minutes away so we'd have to walk for a bit more but that wouldn't really bother me, it's a really nice day out and I like watching the birds fly by. Adam and I don't really say much as we walk; once or twice I commented on some pretty flowers that we walked by and Adam made some comments too but other than that we were kind of quiet.

After crossing the street we finally got to the coffee shop and it didn't look to be pretty crowded. Walking into the coffee shop, Adam pushed open the door for us and then let them fall closed as we walked up to the counter. The barista at the register gave us a really energetic hello when we walked up to the counter and asked us what we would like.

Adam told them he wanted a strawberry Italian soda, which he always gets, and I scanned the board a bit since I wanted to try something new. "A, uh, strawberry frappuccino." I said it kind of quietly, so I was worried that the barista didn't hear me but they just smiled and said that it was a good choice. I smiled back a bit and then pressed my face against Adam's shoulder, mainly to avoid making small talk.

The barista ringed up our order and gave Adam the total, which he paid for with some money he pulled out of his backpack, and once they put the money in the register, said that our order was going to be ready in ten minutes. Adam and I both nodded to them and walked over to an open table near the window to sit down.

Once we got to the table, we both set our backpacks and trapper keepers against the window and then got comfortable. Adam shifted in his sea a bit and then asked, "Do you still have that pink cropped sweater that you wore in eighth grade?" I tried to remember all the sweaters I owned in eighth grade, which was quite a bit, and finally remembered the swearer Adam was asking about.

I nodded and said, "Well I don't have that same sweater; it shrunk a lot in the wash and I had to get a new one." Adam nodded when I was saying this but didn't look at me and his face seemed kind of red.

I leaned over a little so I could get a better look at his face and asked, "You okay Adam?" He shifted a bit in his seat again and made his embarrassed face. I nudged his shin with my foot to try to get an answer. He bit his lip a bit and then said, "Just thinking about how cute you looked with that sweater."

He didn't look at my face when he said this but glanced at my stomach area, the area where my stomach is showing. My face heated up a bit and I squeaked, "Yeah I think I might wear it tomorrow." I wasn't planning to wear it but if Adam thought I looked cute I guess wouldn't be too bad to wear it.

Maybe I could wear my whitewashed jeans with it. My mind trails off a bit as I start to think about my outfit for tomorrow but I get snapped back to reality when a barista walks up to our table and chirps, "Here are your orders. Have a good day!" I grab my drink from them and give them a small smile before they skip off to do something else.

I take a small sip out of my drink and watch Adam as he drinks his since I don't have much else to do. He sips his drink and his eyes wander around the shop a bit but then he starts to stare at my stomach, which makes me start to feel all warm and squirmy. He keeps staring at my stomach for a couple more minutes but when he notices that I'm looking at him, he looks away and I can see that he's blushing.

Serves him right. He knows that people staring at me makes me uncomfortable and if he's going to do it, he should get embarrassed. I fake scowl at him a little and make a huffy face just to let him know that I'm mad but it doesn't seem to do anything. He just gives me a sheepish smile and says kind of quietly, "You look cute when you're mad."

I smile a little bit when he says this but try to cover it up by sipping my drink. I think Adam noticed anyways but I don't really mind; I was just being playful. Adam gave me another smile, this one kind of playful looking, and then sipped some more of his drink and played footsie with me under the table.

I set down my drink and laid both my arms down on the table and rested my chin on them and watched Adam as he drank his drink. It made him get a little embarrassed and look away from and down at his feet and his blush, which still hasn't left his face, got a little darker.

Cutie. I push my glasses a little higher up my nose and ask him, "Do you still like horror movies?" I was wondering since I just got the new 'Pet Cemetery' movie and was hoping that on our next date that Adam would watch it with me.

"You know I've never liked horror movies. I just watched them because you wanted to." That's true but I was hoping that he would have finally started to like them so when we're watching the movie I wouldn't have to hold his hand the whole time. The holding hands part didn;t bug me, it was just that Adam would squeeze my hand really hard and it would hurt.

"Yeah I know but I just got the new version of 'Pet Cemetery' and need someone to watch it with since my sister and Reese won't." They are both terrified of horror movies and as soon as I suggested it, they both backed down. I would ask one of my moms but I want to watch it when it gets dark out and I know they love sitting outside to stargaze.

I gave Adam my best puppy eyes and begged, "Please Adam. I really want to watch it with you." Just for extra effect, I gave him a pouty lip. He glanced at me like he was considering it and then seemed to give up and said, "Fine I'll watch it with you." He sounded kind of annoyed about it but I could tell from his body language that he was kind of excited about it.

I gave Adam my most grateful smile and thanked him, "Oh, thank you Adam. Now I won't have to sit in the dark alone." He grinned a bit when I said this and said in a fake annoyed voice, "Well you're going to have to make me popcorn as payment." I giggled at this and replied, "Sure thing."

Adam grinned a bit more at this and I grinned back and then sat up in my chair since my back is getting sore. Adam started sipping the last of his drink and gazed out the window at some of the clouds that were flying around. I started sipping the last of my drink too but just stared at Adam, still trying to figure out how this adorable amazing guy is actually my boyfriend. Maybe I should ask Reese about it.